I stayed at the Hob Knob for four nights with my husband. It is on the main street in Edgartown but traffic didn't bother us as we were staying the back of the hotel on the 2nd floor. We had a king room (number 12, one of the slightly larger ones) and it was a lovely room - spacious with windows on 2 sides. The bathroom was small but perfectly functional with Aveda toiletries. Although there was no drinking water in the room, there was a bar downstairs where you could help yourself to water. You could also get tea/herbal tea and coffee all day there. An honesty bar was a nice touch, and port was free there. We had afternoon tea a few times there - a small but very nice selection of cakes, cookies and lemonade. We ate breakfast there every morning - there was a good choice with granola, yoghurt, fresh fruit and a choice of items from the cooked breakfast selection. Service could be a bit slow but was friendly.
We hired bikes there one day and I agree with a previous review that $25 per half day ($30 for a full day) was a bit steep considering we were already paying to stay there. One minor thing we found a little annoying was that on our first morning the lady came to make up our room at around 9.30 when we were getting dressed. I didn't see a 'make up the room' sign but it might be worth getting those. There was some noise from a room above one night so rooms are not terribly well soundproofed but overall it was a very peaceful stay. We did get a good deal as there was a special offer on Feb 29th for 20% off but otherwise might have found it a bit pricey. We had a lovely stay and I would recommend it for anyone staying in the area. It was only a few minutes walk to the restaurants and shops. Edgartown is very quiet in early April - lots of places closed until May so if you are looking for somewhere with lots to do, this is not the place out of season!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17 Room Luxury Boutique Hotel in the heart of Edgartown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Hob Knob reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hob Knob Hotel Edgartown
- Hob Knob Edgartown
- Hob Knob Hotel Edgartown
- The Hob Knob Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard