The Hob Knob
Harborside Inn(Edgartown)
Harbor Landing(Vineyard Haven)
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Nashua House Hotel(Oak Bluffs)
Summercamp Hotel(Oak Bluffs)
Great 4.5/5
Vineyard Harbor Motel(Vineyard Haven)
Mansion House(Vineyard Haven)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsafternoon teasconesb bfarm to tablemartha's vineyardboutique hotelsteam showerbreakfast was deliciouswrap around porchwhite noise machineshort walkturn down servicesmall hotelthe location is perfectsitting roomcommon areasbike rentals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2007

For the past 20+ years, my friend and I have come to the Vineyard for our annual girls' weekend. Over the years we have stayed at a number of different places on the island, but our absolute favorite, hands-down, has been the Hob Knob Inn, and each year, it keeps getting better. I could rave about the beautifully appointed rooms, the wonderful amenities and the luxurious comfort, but then I might leave out the outstanding service that makes us feel as though we're return to our home away from home every summer (6 years and running). And yet, that doesn't capture everything because I would still be leaving out the delicious made-to-order breakfast (included with the price of your stay) where requests are always accommodated. I'm a hotel snob; my friend is worse. It doesn't get any better than the Hob Knob!

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank maxczar
Reviewed September 6, 2007

July 30 - August 5, 2007.....Hob Knob Inn, Edgartown, MA

My husband and I stayed at the Hob Knob Inn during our first visit to Martha's Vineyard. What a Beautiful Inn. All the employees were so friendly and helpful, they truly made our stay very special. When I was making our reservations, I asked about resturants to eat at. Not only did they recommend the best places to eat, they made all our dinner reservations and scheduled our golf time for us. Afternoon Tea was the Best! We made sure we were there every afternoon. Breakfast was very nice and peaceful out on the wrap around porch. The room was so nice and comfortable, it was truly "Home Away From Home" We look forward to returning to Martha's Vineyard and staying again at the Hob Knob Inn. This place is EXCELLENT....I couldn't imagine staying any place else.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Seedembones
Reviewed September 4, 2007

We stayed at the HK Inn the second week in August and really enjoyed it. I agree with some of the other reviews about the commercialism of the inn, making it feel a little less personal, but we just chose to ignore this. We also thought that bikes should be included in the already high cost we paid of $400 a night.

We had a corner room that was very comfortable, especially the bed and linens. The bathroom was pretty small, but that is usually the case in B&Bs, it was however, very clean. We really enjoyed sitting outside and having breakfast and appreciated the wide variety of offereings, not too many B&Bs give you a choice on breakfast, the HK Inn gives you many to choose from! Afternoon tea was also nice. By far they make the best scones we have ever had!!

The staff was very friendly and I wish I could remember the name of the nice girl at the front who made some great restuarant recommendations. She told us to go to Atria, we were at the end of our trip and didn't want to spend a lot on dinner, wanted something casual, and she told us to go to the basement there and order the hamburgers. Wow, they were awesome! Great recommendation. We also ate at Lure, which was very good and Espresso Love for lunch, which was also good.

All in all, we would definitely go back to the HK Inn, it is very pretty, great location, and just an overall nice place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kristineinvirginia
Reviewed June 19, 2007

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay on Martha's Vineyard and the Hob Knob Inn was a pleasant place to stay. Everything looked very promising at the beginning and a light tea and cookies were set out when we first arrived. The room was clean and comfortable, and the bathroom clean and well-stocked with Aveda toiletries. There was also a small flat screen tv in the room. The bed was comfortable and the furnishings quaint and tasteful. Now for the problems: the constant merchandising (how about some Hob Knob Ketchup at breakfast!) Oh, and if you want more than 3 ingredients in your omlette, get out 50 cents per extra ingredient. This is just cheesy! What, did someone once order everything and nearly put the kitchen out of business? Breakfast wasn't very good on an island with great breakfast diners everywhere. The nickle and diming was not a big problem for me, but it takes something intangible away from the experience. I heard a guest ask the front desk if she could have a guest to tea, and they said sure, for $8. Come on, it's tea and chocolate chip cookies and things were pretty quiet! Even the dog's appearances seemed timed for afternoon tea, as if they were props. There's Hob Knob realty ads placed on far too many landings and even a toll free hotline phone to their realty center! This is all well and good when selling timeshares at some resort in Acapulco but it's not what I come to Martha's Vineyard for. When we got home from our trip, several weeks passed and then I got a bill in the mail for a bottle of water we had out of the minibar. Most people, when you're paying $300 a night, may let the small Pellegrino slide. Not the Hob Knob inn! They have a good thing going on. They need to start acting like it. This place has tons of potential and a great location, but they miss the forest for the trees here.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank JosephZdrilich
Reviewed June 17, 2007

A colleague recommended the Hob Knob on the short list of places to stay in Edgartown. My wife and I were lucky to get a weekend room so late but were shocked at the price - almost $400 a night, which is by the far the most my we've ever spent on a B&B or inn for a room, not including dinner. So it was with high expectations and a lot of hope that we made our way to the Hob Knob. I should mention as well that a gourmet breakfast was included, which was THE BEST breakfast I've ever had at a B&B, no contest.

All said, we LOVED the Hob Knob. The staff, especially Erin and Emily, were first class, extremely helpful, and helped make the weekend perfect. I can't say enough about the enitre staff and Erin and Emily in particular. I wish all places had such amazing people.

If you are looking for a no risk and exceptional experience, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Hob Knob. Edgartown surpassed all expectations as well. This was our first visit to MV but it will not be our last.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple