“Great escape for typical island faire”
Review of Sharky's Cantina

Sharky's Cantina
Ranked #17 of 69 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Quality ingredients, large portions, great prices and the freshest Margaritas in a 175 seat restaurant that is fun for families, singles, couples, young and young at heart...Open YEAR ROUND for lunch and dinner. This is where the Locals go.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great spot for an inexpensive (and kid friendly) night out on the Vineyard. Has a wide variety of food, pretty much something for everyone on the menu. Love the "spicy" salsa they hand out with chips, also can't go wrong with a frozen drink on a hot summer night.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I am a frequent Sharkys flier, the quality of food is always excellent, the drinks are awesome, and the staff are always so accommodating!
I also love the fact that in the rare occasion that there is anything wrong with any part of your experience, JB, the owner, is so attentive to make it right any way he can. Much respect for such a great business man!
100% recommended to anyone who lives or visits MV!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I work late nights on the Vineyard in season. Sometimes traveling home from the other side of the island, then cooking is not going to happen. Sharky's came to the rescue many times!!
Ok so I am basing this off of a few trips to Sharky's to get take out. Service was always great! The person was always at the door ready to take my order and deliver it to me. Sometimes I would stop by the bar and have a drink (great drink selection and service). I mostly ordered an appetizer of some sort (taco's or buffalo wings etc.). In each case it was ready asap! The food was always hot and prepared as best as can be. In all the years I've been here it's not superb food but not bad either. It's ok. It works at 11pm or 12 midnight when there are no options on the Vineyard. It's also a cool atmosphere. Great experience each time. I'm sure we'll see each other again Sharky's!

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Went into Sharkys last night with the family and I couldn't be more pleased. We were with a family friend who also had a child so it was 3 adults and two super active children. We chose Sharkys because they seem to be the only bar/restaurant on the island that has the NFL package (hard to believe but true!) and we can't miss our New Orleans Saints play (Who Dat!). Not only was Karen the manager able to get the game on for me she also gave me a cool little speaker that allowed me to hear the audio! What a great feature. The kids menu was great. Very reasonably priced and plenty of choices. I got the fajitas and they came out perfect. I was a little disappointed when the waitress told me she wasn't able to give me chopped tomato rather than salsa but I managed to make it work. The salsa was fantastic. What really made us feel like rockstars was the VIP room seating. It was a cool room in the back that had 2 TV's so we could watch the games and the room kept my 2.5 year old caged in which was great because he's a monster! Anthony the host was a great. He had a great personality and the kids loved him! Everyone was friendly despite my little one running around terrorizing everyone. It's so nice to have a place you can go as a parent and not be treated like you are a bother because you have a child. Parents will understand that statement! Well done Sharkys and we will see you soon as the Saints are now officially in the playoffs! Who Dat!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Sharky's has quickly become a go-to restaurant when on the island. The marinated steak burrito is a great choice and the staff are always friendly. Have to recommend the lobster nachos and of course a margarita.