“Good Food, good reputation!”
Review of Sharky's Cantina

Sharky's Cantina
Ranked #17 of 67 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Quality ingredients, large portions, great prices and the freshest Margaritas in a 175 seat restaurant that is fun for families, singles, couples, young and young at heart...Open YEAR ROUND for lunch and dinner. This is where the Locals go.
New York City, New York
“Good Food, good reputation!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I have been here multiple times and it is consistently good. The prices were very competitive to other places, even on mainland.
The place was busy on a Saterday but we got a table for 7 outside with no issue. The service was fast and our waitress was helpful!
We got enchaludas, burgers and quesadillas. They were good size portions. I would go back.

Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“Great Mexican Food and wonderful servie”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

There is nothing we disliked about Sharky's Cantina. We are from the Southwest and we can attest that Sharky's Mexican food is every bit as good as in the Southwest!

Visited July 2012
Attleboro, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service I have EVER received”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had heard a lot of good things about this restaurant and I was excited to try it. I loved the atmosphere and the menu was large and varied. The problems started when I asked our server what kinds of beer were on draft. She runs off a list and the final one was Peak Organic. I asked, which one? She said "umm..it's organic." I said "That's a brand, not a style of beer." and I got a dirty look. I setled for a Dos Equis. We placed our orders and started eating the chips and salsa while we waited. The chips were fresh and crispy. The salsa was also fresh. The wait was tolerable, but the food came out in stages, with the kids food coming last and mine didn't come at all. Our waitress didn't deliver our food and she was nowhere in sight. I asked the food runner where my lunch was and he didn't know. I waited, and waited, and when everyone else in my group was halfway done, and our waitress was still MIA, I went and complained to the hostess, who gave me another dirty look and said she'd find my waitress. I returned to the table to find my food, finally. The waitress come over and makes excuses about how busy it is and how shortstaffed they are and how many tables she has in the other room. The manager comes over and apologises, and takes it off the bill, but that isn't enough as far as I'm concerned for a lunch that cost nearly $100 for the 7 of us. There are plenty of other restaurants on the Vineyard, many have the same bad attitude, especially in August, but most don't have this level of poor service.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank SBennett68
SharkOwner, Owner at Sharky's Cantina, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
We work tirelessly to provide the best service anywhere. My number is on the bottom of every receipt with hopes that people will call me to discuss any compliments, comments or complaints, and my staff is very aware of that. Spoke with my staff and managers...nobody was aware of a situation like this occurring, and as it is a first review with no other history I am unable to verify it's legitimacy. I can assure everybody that there are no dirty looks at Sharky's, just welcoming smiles and great attitudes! Thanks!
New Fairfield, ct
“I guess I shouldn't have been surprised but I was”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Sharky's advertises a lot on Martha's Vineyard which makes me think Tourist trap. Wrong again Mike! The food was excellent. We had the Fajitas, the Quesadillas and wings. All great. Insanely large portions and quick service. The pitcher of Sangria we got was excellent too. A bit loud and boisterous which is great if that is what you are looking for.

• Visited August 2012
“We love Sharkys'”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Since the opening of the edgartown Sharkys we have made it a regular stop a minimum of 3 nights and some years a couple lunches also. Been coming to MVY for 14 years and this is our goto spot for family night out and also a stop on date night. Staff is always helpful and accommodating to our 9 to 11 person party. Margo's are great and the food is as god as any Mexican restaurant we have been to.