“Great place to take Family and Friends”
Review of The Grill on Main

The Grill on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 69 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2014

It is a great place to take family and friends of all ages Easy parking and handicap assabilty
Friendly servers and fast service or slower if you like
Great wine list
O ya the Food is great

There are newer reviews for The Grill on Main

Reviewed October 26, 2013

A middle of the road, family-oriented place, with a setting reminding one of a chain hotel, servers who might have fit well in a neighborhood diner. At near $40 for a main dish, the cooking should have been excellent, but was closer to diner fare. My pork loin was dry and drowned in an over-sweet sauce. They were out of the first two wines we chose so we resorted to asking, 'what do you have?' and were served a very mediocre and not cheap red. The only saving grace was the chocolate bread pudding - too rich not to share - tasty, but more like a mousse. This was a very disappointing start to our mini-vacation.L' Etoile was closed, but thank goodness the Terrace at the Charlotte Inn was open - for not much more the food, service and ambience were light years better.

1  Thank GardenPam
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was my third visit to this restaurant and the second & last were not my choice, however, I think the 2 for 1 dinners were the attraction with friends so I didn't want to say I don't care for it.

I think it is very overpriced both for the value and quality of food even with the special. The warm salad with Goat cheese was really nothing special. My Cod fish was the thinnest and smallest piece of fish I've ever seen but it did taste good. Another guest had the Rib Eye, I believe, and it was terrible. It did not look like a rib eye steak, was thin and burned on one end and well done, not Medium Rare as ordered.

It isn't often I leave a restaurant feeling hungry but that was the case.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Excellent food and service. Chose because of proximity to the Clarion Hotel. Missed out on the 2 for 1 special, but the meal was well worth the cost. Attentive staff. Great presentation.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I always make sure to visit The Grill when I go to the island. I love the beef tenderloin with horseradish sauce-- so good! And the chocolate bread pudding is a must for dessert. Chef Tony is amazing!