“Nice view!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was at Tavern on the Hill for a private party so we had one of the rooms to ourselves. The service was EXCELLENT and the food was very good. I had the crab cakes with a black bean salsa which had a little kick. After dinner we moved to the outdoor deck which has its own bar. The view of the valley is beautiful. I hope to get back there next time I am in the area.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

OK this place has numerous good reviews, so you gonna give it a try right?

I'll be devils advocate knowing I'm doing no harm.

Because this place is so good, it's slammed...the waitstaff is going 1000 mph and if you are sitting anywhere near where the waitstaff has to go, this will not be a relaxing dinner for you.

The view from the deck is nice EXCEPT the put BIG planters on the railing obscuring half the view [but not impeding the view of the cars in the parking lot at all. I suggest you hang the plants off the railing as opposed to place them on top.

My hunny and I visited there on a Sunday at 5:30 in the afternoon, We ordered the special only to be advised 10 min later they were 'out ' of the special? Really at 5:30 in the afternoon? And why didn't the waitstaff tell us before we ordered ? The couple behind us an hour later ordered the same special only to be told AFTER they ordered they were out....

The appetizer mussels were FABULOUS...The Stuffed chicken special, not so much, the Gouda was a solid bar inside , not melted at all. My first Bloody Mary was exceptional, the second tasted 'funny'...

Our waitperson was like a blur during our visit, too many tables per, I reckon.

I'll be back, what view there was, was better than no view, the mussels were so good they overshadowed the special. I'll be sure to be fussy about where I sit, must be in a corner someplace to shield me from the super speedway of the waitstaff.

Good but could be better.

1  Thank JimfromDalton
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I headed over to Tavern on the Hill in Easthampton, Ma which is only about 2 miles from our home. We had dinner back in Dec. which was fantastic. We finally decided to try lunch and we were glad we did. We were greeted warmly and brought to our table which overlooked the valley down below, unfortunately it was sleeting and raining and the fog hung real low over the valley. My wife ordered the London Pub Fish Sandwich, the wife asked if she could get the sandwich on Rye Toast instead of the Kaiser Roll, our server said no problem at all.
I ordered the Blackened Bleu Burger which was seasoned with Cajun spices and bleu cheese and ordered it Med Rare. When our food came it was hot although the fries were lukewarm. The wife's fish sandwich looked spectacular a large piece of white fish cooked to perfection and moist. The Cole Slaw was homemade and it was the best I have ever had in a restaurant.
My burger was cooked perfect the burger was fresh hamburg not the typical plain burger you get at other places. We were impressed and thoroughly enjoyed our meal, although our server failed to check back with us at which point we would have said something about the fries not being hot and we did not get our drinks refilled.
Our perception was that is was busy and they were understaffed. We will go back due to the quality of the food. Prices were reasonable and the restaurant was clean, we are waiting for the weather to get warmer to take advantage of the outdoor deck and bar.

1  Thank Johnc51_13
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My friends and I dine here often and both the service and food have been consistently excellent. The dinners we enjoyed (grilled salmon served with asparagus, double cut pork chop and the chicken with wild mushroom risotto) all were cooked to perfection. The spectacular view of the valley changes with the seasons and provides a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great atmosphere! Great food! Great service! Beautiful View! My husband and I have never been disappointed. We will definitely go back.