“Nice Improvement! Enjoyed our stay!”

Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Rhode Island
“Nice Improvement! Enjoyed our stay!”
Reviewed June 22, 2009

What a nice surprise! My husband and I just returned from a weekend trip at the Ocean Park Inn and were happy to see the improvements. Same friendly staff as the last time. The best part is that guests of this hotel are able to use the amenities of the next door Sheraton hotel. We loved the swimming pool and fitness center. I highly recommend this hotel as an affordable place to stay in Cape Cod.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brookfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I just returned from a long weekend at the newly renovated Ocean Park Inn. I have stayed at this motel several times in the past years and have always found it to be clean and adequate but I agree it was time for a facelift.
I was pleasantly surprised to find new furniture, bedspreads,curtains,carpeting and freshly painted rooms. I believe the bathrooms also had newly installed flooring as well as new light fixtures over the mirrors and the TV and refrigerator appeared to be brand new.The exterior of the the motel also appears to be freshly painted and the ample lawn area was nicely groomed.
Although not a luxury resort you will get a very good value for your money with friendly, courteous service at this motel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
new hampshire
Reviewed September 9, 2007

We were very disappointed, there was no hair dryer, the carpet was stained, the bath tub was stained. There was no WiFi. The suspended ceiling was bowed. The wall was painted white brick. The fitted sheets did not fit the bed and kept popping off. The view going up to the room and looking out the back window was littered with an old washer or dryer and old rotting fencing.
The staff was friendly and courteous, however I would not stay here again and would not recommend it.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — No hair dryer, stains on carpet and no wifi
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank kkatNewHampshire
jacqui_frost, Manager at Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod, responded to this review, April 17, 2009
Thank you for your reviews of the Ocean Park Inn. As the hotel Manager, I’m happy to report major improvements in all areas mentioned. Since your review, Ocean Park Inn has renovated and updated every area of the hotel in need of a little TLC. Plush new carpets have been installed and all newly painted guest rooms, equipped with wireless internet, now showcase a fresh new décor complete with an entirely new furniture and bedding package. We continue to provide quality service and hope that you will consider staying at our property again. I am confident you will not be disappointed.
Please don't hesitate to contact the inn directly with questions about the updates mentioned.

Travelers are raving about these Eastham hotels

Boston
Reviewed July 11, 2007

I was only looking for a clean, comfortable room with a hot shower after a day at the beach -- no frills. I thought a small older road-side type place would be perfect. It still may have been -- just not THIS place!

We were first given room 43, with one key and told that the other was missing, but I could come back later and see if it had turned up. I was hesitant, but agreed and took the one key up to the room. The room was dingy, and what was once white woodwork needed to be cleaned with 409 plus bleach -- black handprints and scuff marks galore. The carpet was stained beyond stained, mud, dirt, a large maybe Kool-aide splat near one of the beds... well, I don't know what to call it .. frat house-like? Let's just say that I would not walk bare foot on it.

I went back to the office, and was moved into room 10. Better, but still only passable. At least the carpet has been replaced and the room was clean. Still, I slept horrible wondering if the room's "renovations" were merely cover-ups of the filth we saw in room 43. It is beyond me how ANY business owner would book any client into a room like #43, so what other things were they doing to save a buck??

We deposited our keys into the slot at 6:30 the following morning -- morning could not come quick enough. Do yourself a favor and book your stay elsewhere.

• Liked — Near the National Seashore
  • Disliked — Dirty, dirty, dirty...
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
8 Thank med-surgRN
ca
Reviewed September 20, 2006

This place is awful. Avoid at all costs. It is dirty, moldy and the staff are most unpleasant.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank cocothemonkey
Ossining, New York
Reviewed September 17, 2006

This is an average roadside motel. It's not a resort, it's not fancy but it's clean, convenient and comfortable. I got a good deal on Priceline and felt satisfied that the room was worth the price. The pool was fine, it's close to the bikepath and some reasonable restaurants and the National Seashore beaches. The staff was friendly and helpful. I thought the bed was comfortable and the bedding and blankets seemed new and not grungy in the least. I'd stay there again.

• Liked — Locatiom
  • Disliked — Too early checkout time
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
3 Thank Bookwoman
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2006

We booked this hotel through Priceline and I was horrified when I read the commentaries on this site. We got a great deal for the Saturday night of Labor Day weekend. It was your average, old, run of the mill roadside motel. We had a decent room with older furnishings which could use some updating. But, it was clean and the bed wasn't something that I would complain about. The location of the hotel was great, right in the middle of the cape and close to restaurants, etc. You can also use the Sheraton's pool and other amenities which we didn't learn until we were at the hotel so didn't bother to bring our suits. The staff was very nice. I would recommend this hotel for those who are on a budget and aren't "hotel snobs" like my husband would call it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Advertised as a "boutique" hotel.. it's NOT
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HMTY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
#5 of 9 in Eastham
Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod
Viking Shores Motor Inn
Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center

Been to Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod? Share your experiences!