“Cape's Best Breakfast”

Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Eastham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Description: We are open from May - Columbus Day Weekend -We specialize in Breakfast serving an "Amazing Breakfast Buffet" Slow food , made from scratch , cooked in small batches . We serve the basics plus Homemade Bagels , Smoked salmon , Homemade Carrot Cake ,Cinnamon rolls hot from the oven , Tony's Quiche , Sausage Gravy and biscuits, assorted frittata, fresh fruit ,yogurt and granola all for $11.95! Organic Sumatra coffee locally roasted from The Beanstock Coffee Roasters , fresh squeezed Orange Juice - did I mention we have $3.00 Bloody Marys and Mimosas? We offer a sliding scale for the kids $5.95 12 and under , $3.95 6 and under and 3 and under eats for free!WE have Gluten Free, Vegetarian and Vegan options available upon request. Free WIFI.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was on Trip advisor looking for next seasons rental and saw this site, I am amazed that anyone would rate this less than 4 stars.

This is the ultimate non-buffet....buffet.

What I mean is nothing sits under heat lamps or on steam tables until it is eaten, these owners remove and toss food that sits too long. In addition, you can always ask the waitstaff to have things made to order, yep just ask and you shall recieve!

I personally am a huge fan of the coffee cake sometimes I have to suffer and eat the carrot cake or cinnamon buns...please make me suffer again. I wish I still drank coffee because the smell of the coffee is awesome.

Whenever we go to Laura & Tony's I like to start with a single egg benedict. Made to order the yolks always pop when you cut in and the hollandaise is fresh and creamy. After that I like to sit and listen to what is coming out hot and fresh; frittas, grits, cinnamon buns, homemade bagels, awesome bacon, pancakes, eggs, waffles, cinnamon bun french toast. I could go on and on but one thing is for sure, if you wait long enough something will call your name and when you bite into it you will not be disappointed.

The Cape is full of breakfast buffets, they should never be mentioned in the same breath as Laura & Tony's.

Is it pricey??? I was alway taught you get what you pay for....not true here, if I only got what I paid for the price would be higher or the food not as good.

Laura & Tony's is the only breakfast place I go to on the Cape.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had heard about Laura & Tony's and we had passed by many times while traveling up and down Rt 6, but this was the first time we tried it. There were five of us: three adults and two kids. We loved the place, but it is definitely not for everyone.
First of all it is not a typical breakfast buffet place. They do have many of the traditional buffet items, but they also have many more unique offerings. They make a terrific homemade bagel and offer both lox and lox spread--as I said not a typical buffet. About every ten minutes or so the kitchen door opens and plate of hot something is announced. It can be a delicious quiche or frittata or it might be a coffee cake or homemade cinnamon rolls. And this just goes on and on. It is more of a "happening" than a buffet and it is just terrific.
The comments about the extra cost for coffee and other drinks is true, but if that stops you from this culinary experience you would not have enjoyed it anyway.
This is a must try if you have any culinary excitement in your bones. The food is diverse and it is very good.

1  Thank mainelovers1970
hopperfish, Owner at Laura & Tony's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our " Amazing Breakfast Buffet" !! Yes , our buffet is not for everyone - but if you appreciate fresh, whole food made from scratch , cooked in small batches - this is for you ! We serve fresh squeezed orange juice and Locally Roasted Organic Sumatra Coffee fresh from the Beanstock Coffee Roasters!! We serve $3.00 Bloody Marys and Mimosas! Hope you come back and see us real soon !!! Thanks again!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is homemade food at its best! I was desperate one morning for some good food and drove by. There were lots of cars in the parking lot--a good sign. When I went in, it seemed like a very small buffet. But, the food is cooked in small batches and brought out as it is cooked. Every few minutes a new delight was brought out to enjoy. I had a terrific breakfast at 7:30. When I went back to my hotel and raved to my friends, they had to come and enjoy it as well. Some of the things I enjoyed at 7:30 were gone (cinnamon rolls), but they were soon replaced by other tasty items (pumpkin spice rolls). The second time around I discovered the grits--well, it's not fair to call them grits. They were the best I've ever eaten and I'm from the South! With carmelized onions, cheese and (cumin???), they were to die for. I had 3 helpings. All the food was great. The owners are friendly, and the wait staff were very helpful. Ignore the bad reviews. This is totally worth it!

2  Thank Johanna H
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Food was pretty good. The owner told us to ask if something we wanted wasn't on the Buffett because they prepare everything in small batches. It tasted pretty good with the highlights being the homemade bagels and pretty good pastries. However, drink service was pretty bad. We each had just one drink and no refills. A pitcher of water was left with us. A 4oz OJ was 2.50, when a large mimosa was advertised as $3!! Our server said all of her help went back to college. Well... Hire some other help when that happens!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

A pretty sad experience. First, their website led us astray with patently false and misleading information. Check their site to check what we are saying.
We asked about the blueberry pancakes, Belgian waffles and fresh OJ. They said they didn't have those this day. But they really highlight them on they site.
Then we got a surprise on the bill. We were charged $2.50 each for a very small glass of OJ. Not fresh squeezed as the site says. But the real kicker was charging us extra for the OJ and the coffee. Now we know that buffets sometimes do that. But it is usually very clear.

If you go to their site and click on the breakfast buffet you will see a list of items they have of the buffet. Coffee and OJ are listed along with many other items( several of which were not, as we said, available) with no extra charge listed. The very last item on the site is a mimosa and it clearly states that costs $3 extra. Which would lead a reasonable person to assume the other items are all included at no extra charge.

We pointed this out to Laura on their site when we received the bill. $1.95 for coffee and $2.50 for OJ. She looked at the site information on my phone and said I was the first person to point that out. I told her it was clearly misleading and about $10 to our bill. She said she would go broke if she didn't charge that. Fine. But why be misleading on so many things. At the least service people at most buffets will state what is not included. Check out the site to see what we mean.

We stated that it was clearly wrong to mislead on what items are on the buffet- especially the more desirable ones- and on the extra charge. Her last statement was, "Nice try." As if I was trying to get something for nothing.

Not a good place. The coffee was very good as were some items. The service people were nice and on the job. Can't say much for the owner who either intentionally or unintentionally misleads.

1  Thank Frank A
hopperfish, Owner at Laura & Tony's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

It is hard as a business owner to decide when you are going to respond to a review or not - you just don't want to seem so defensive but this review is borderline slanderous so I am def going to respond .
First of all we always have and always will serve Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice. It is a premium product and that is reflected in the taste and price.Our coffee is Organic Sumatra from the Beanstock - it is too a premium product that we pay a premium price because we believe it is the best - it is locally roasted - sometimes the beans are still warm when they deliver .

It clearly states on my website that it is an " All you Can Eat 'Buffet for $11.95 then goes on to list items on our beverage menu which is posted on our wall as big as day behind the buffet - complete with prices -check out the pictures on trip advisor -there is no deceit or deception - I am doing nothing to mislead or trick anyone into anything.
This gentleman prefaced his inquiry with me - " I want to tell you we thoroughly enjoyed the buffet " and then went on to tell me and show me my website - which clearly said an " All you can Eat" . There is even a sandwich board in front of my restaurant that advertises " All you can eat" Buffet.With large posters in my windows advertising my $3.00 Bloody Marys and Mimosas!
I really couldn't believe that he thought I would be able to carve out a living offering a buffet and all beverages for $11.95 - a buffet that includes smoked salmon , homemade bagels , eggs benedict, custom omelettes made to order, sauteed fresh vegetables with curry, homemade gluten free quiche , fresh fruit yogurt granola , homemade cinnamon rolls , carrot cake, coffee cake Sausage gravy and biscuits , Pancakes and Bread pudding French toast, Tony's Homemade grits, assorted fritattas, homemade sourdough bread and a bagel bar of assorted cream cheeses and my homemade cranberry Jam - we believe in real ,slow food , made from scratch and we cook everything in small batches because we also believe fresh is best!
The items that we offer on the buffet change often with the season or with the chef's whim - our loyal customers love the variety of our buffet.!
I do realize that we can't please everyone - but honestly that is our goal and it is hurtful when we fall short and someone is not satisfied with our work.