Laura & Tony's Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Eastham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Description: We are open from May - Columbus Day Weekend -We specialize in Breakfast serving an "Amazing Breakfast Buffet" Slow food , made from scratch , cooked in small batches . We serve the basics plus Homemade Bagels , Smoked salmon , Homemade Carrot Cake ,Cinnamon rolls hot from the oven , Tony's Quiche , Sausage Gravy and biscuits, assorted frittata, fresh fruit ,yogurt and granola all for $11.95! Organic Sumatra coffee locally roasted from The Beanstock Coffee Roasters , fresh squeezed Orange Juice - did I mention we have $3.00 Bloody Marys and Mimosas? We offer a sliding scale for the kids $5.95 12 and under , $3.95 6 and under and 3 and under eats for free!WE have Gluten Free, Vegetarian and Vegan options available upon request. Free WIFI.
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Worth a visit. Sunday brunch, not too expensive, food is good. I thought the way it's brought out and served was a bit different. It looks like the food is cooked and served in small batches. Good stuff though.

1  Thank Kevin C

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Ignore the lame negative reviews here...most of them are old and/or foolish.

The place puts out small quantities of good quality dishes, and some are very interesting as well as the 'basics'. If you're really lucky, you'll get a shot at the home made bagels that Laura has done a great job with...(the regular ones are just so so)

The service was as good as can be for a super busy weekend morning with pleasant help and owners taking care of things.

The interior is sort of tired but the prices are right and the food is very good. Go early and you won't have to wait, but the outdoor waiting area is nice enough too.

1  Thank jidoo
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The food is fresh, varied, and delicious. I had the $12 breakfast buffet there twice in two days. I enjoyed the casual, friendly, family atmosphere.

1  Thank Karen K
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We end up in cape cod every year or so and always look forward to brunch at Laura & Tony's. They make small batches of home cooked breakfast foods, deserts, baked goods, etc. so everything is always hot and fresh The buffet isn't huge, but they are able to provide a wide variety so we're able to bring the entire family and everyone can find something they enjoy.

The interior is very bright and has an eclectic, arty vibe. We've been going there for years and have always found the staff to be very attentive and accommodating. It's very reasonably priced as well... I think brunch is $12 and mimosas are $3. I know I've paid more than double for brunch at restaurants I haven't enjoyed nearly as much.

I would definitely recommend this stop to anyone whose planning to hit the cape.

1  Thank DanHanLan
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Filthy. Filthy. Filthy. Where is the health department? Employees had no hair nets, beard guards. Hand washing is questionable. Food was placed on plates on counters with no sneeze guards no heat or refrigeration. Cream cheese was on the counter in August from the time they opened until 1pm some with salmon in it. Disgusting. Bloody Mary was terrible. Tasted like tomato juice water and horseradish. They were out of hot sauce. Forgot we ordered eggs Benedict. When it came out eggs were so rubbery we could play basketball with them. Hollandaise was flavorless. Oranges were on the floor for fresh squeezed oj. Cut ones were on the floor in buckets waiting to be squeezed. My 10 year old is terrified she will be sick after getting a glimpse of the kitchen.Someone brought out a sauté pan with scrambled eggs announcing fresh eggs and clearly he had sampled them as they were all stuck in his mustache. Baked goods were good. No fresh fruit as advertised no granola. No fruit anywhere. Then in all the random food someone dropped a bowl of fresh salsa - for what? One of the bathrooms was out of order the other disgusting and no paper towels so where we're employees washing hands before going back to the kitchen? Three pieces of quiche would come out on a plate at a time. Frittatas sat on a plate for hours - cold - what a waste - what a health hazard. Staff was disingenuous and service was poor. Coffee was good but pots were empty.

2  Thank Smesenbrink
hopperfish, Owner at Laura & Tony's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

The Health department was in for a rotuine check in August - glad to say we passed with flying colors - Handwashing stations are behind the buffet ( hidden ) and also in the Kitchen - complete with soap and Paper towels ( like the Health Dept Likes it ) We are commited to putting EVERYTHING out in small batches - including our cream cheeses !
I feed all of my employees before service so I really doubt anyone would be walking out with Egg on their Face - and none of them have Moustaches - our eggs are freshly cracked and scrambled and come out light and fluffy - our bathrooms are for individuals so I am really not sure how you knew that they didn't wash their hands - I do admit sometimes we are soo busy an order for eggs benedict or two may get forgotten - but I am willing to take that chance because I could just have them on the buffet but I know how much more enjoyable it is when it is made specifically for you and it comes out hot ...... we have fresh food coming out every 10-15 min - if you don't see something you would like just ask if we have it in the buildiing we will make sure it gets to your table - all you have to do is ask .... thats what small batches are about - if I had it loaded waiting for you to arrive we 'd have a whole other set of issues - we believe fresh is best and everyone will wait for FRESH- - FRESH is BEST !