“This was the perfect spot for us” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center

Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
fortunatamente
“This was the perfect spot for us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We came to Eastham primarily to tour the Outer Cape by bicycle. Helen, the manager at the front desk, in spite of a huge group staying here concurrently, let us into our room early, and was very flexible about letting us check out late so we could shower after a morning ride at the end of our stay. It was very quiet, right next to the Cape Cod Rail trail. We could park right in front of our room and the room was spacious-easy to store our bikes. There are a number of good restaurants close by and Nauset Light Beach was a few minutes by bike. I considered this motel to be a superb value for the dollar. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here for a one night stay on the Cape. I picked this motel mainly because of the price and the fact it is right next to the Cape Cod Rail Trail so we could go running / walking in the morning. The motel is right on Route 6, but it is set way off the road and the building our room was in was back in the woods and we couldn't see or hear the road at all. There were also picnic tables on the grass outside the rooms where we ate our dinner and breakfast, which was really nice. As I said, it's right on the bike trail, so it was super convenient to go out there first thing in the morning. The room was clean and comfortable and the woman at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. If I'm in Eastham again, I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mc868
Coventry, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here last weekend. It was clean, well maintained, reasonably priced, quiet and had a free continental breakfast, also. Helen, the front desk person,among other things, was very friendly and helpful. I will be going back ASAP!

Room Tip: There are plenty of rooms in buildings away from the road, although I was in the first building and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Liz D
Bethlehem, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in August. We enjoyed the trip greatly. The hotel's outer appearance can appear a little bit dated and in need of a paint just but please don't let that turn you away from a great little hotel. The rooms are nice and quiet, while inside I could not hear a bit of noise from the outside. The inside contained a very comfortable bed and over all nice clean room. The staff was extremely helpful! At one point we made the mistake of locking our keys in our room. With a quick show of our driver's license we were given the spare with absolutely no hassle. I fully intend on returning to this hotel in the future and encourage you too as well if you are searching for a nice, clean, affordable spot on the cape!

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are right on the bicycle trail.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jeremy B
Tupelo, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I gave this 3 stars, but there were challenges that got a bit old since we stayed 7 nights. I once stayed in a truly nightmarish fishing motel by a big lake in Texas, so I do believe I've seen the worst there is to see. This motel was way better. But, it did make me feel more like I was at summer camp than in a "conference center." Since we weren't there for a conference, all we needed was a clean place to stay while we had fun with our family living nearby. The room was roomy. Two queen size beds and a desk with a chair and an arm chair. No table or other place to sit and work, so my spouse and I had to share the desk. As with most hotels and motels, a good place to sit and put on your makeup and do your hair is almost always a challenge. My biggest problem was with the bathroom area. There was a tub and toilet inside a little room and a sink outside. The lighting was awful and if you were in the inside part of the bathroom you could get pretty claustrophobic fast. Plus, it wasn't really very clean and it had not been updated since it was built by appearances. The only light inside it was the "heat" lamp/fan, so if you turned the timer on, a roar of noise began and continued until it ran out of time which often happened when I was still occupied in the shower. Kinda scary. (Standing in water, reaching out in the total dark for a knob to a powerful electric thingy...yipes) One other thing, the towels were few and threadbare and the soaps and shampoos so ridiculously dinky they were definitely a "one person per bath" proposition. We went out to the store and bought two nice beach towels and a bar of soap and some shampoo.

The ironing board they brought me was a "sit on the counter" type, and there was almost no counter. It lacked the rubber feet to stabilize it, too. It was a good thing I brought stuff that didn't need much ironing. This motel didn't have a laundry, but you were supposed to be able to use one at another motel up the road they also owned. When we got there, the washing machine was broken, though, so we had to go to what appeared to be the only laundromat on the Cape and spend an hour and way too much cash doing one load. It was next to a bowling alley, but, you wouldn't want to go in there. Sorry, I digress.

They also had the most godawful drapes that were all different lengths, didn't close properly (a problem if you are on the end unit at ground level) and were pretty raggedy. The grounds were pretty nice, but often trash had been tipped over making me wonder if a bear had been there. It seemed to attract a lot of flies who literally chased us from our car to the room. There were picnic tables scattered all around and I admit it was nice to go out in the morning and sit in the sun at the one outside our room in a nice grassy area with trees. (Until the flies discovered us)

Breakfast was attended by almost a dozen people each day and they had basic motel stuff to eat. I liked that they had fresh milk in the fridge for us. We also had a fridge in our room, so we had some yogurt and fruit that we'd purchased and took it to the cheery kitchen where everyone else was gathered to eat and drink coffee. People were very friendly. Seeing Helen there each day was delightful.

That brings me to what I loved the most about this place. It was Helen, the desk manager. She reacted positively to every request and acknowledged all the problems with the curtains, the bathrooms, etc. She gave us great advice on where to go and what to do. She was a born concierge. The owner was also a great guy though he seemed quite frazzled by all that was going on at this hotel as well as the other one as the summer season had ended and this was early fall. He was a truly nice man. I think he should call the show "Hotel Impossible" to get some ideas on how to make this place a step above where it is now.

Room Tip: Make a reservation, but when you get there ask if there is more than one room available and if you c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank CC A
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Great cheap hotel in a good location. Staff are very friendly, and the hotel is located close to shops and bike path in a quiet location.

Rooms are a little on the smelly side, and a little dated - but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Try to get an end room - having side windows makes it airier and brighter..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Joeschwaa
East Petersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a pet friendly motel on Cape Cod for the second week of October. The proprietor was wonderful and gave us a great rate. The room was very clean and quaint. The only issue I ran into was that our room was in a dead spot for the wi-fi and the one antenna I could connect to wouldn't connect properly, despite being re-booted, but that's a minor issue. We were impressed with the value and the quality of the place. The staff were friendly and we had a great time with our little dog along. Helen (the proprietor) gave us good advice on places to eat and visit.

Room Tip: If you need wi-fi, avoid room 29, otherwise, it's a wonderful place to stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PaulSmith74
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Blue Dolphin Inn
Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod
Inn at the Oaks
Inn at the Oaks
#1 of 11 in Eastham

Been to Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!