“Great Food, Excellent Service”
Review of Karoo Restaurant

Karoo Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Eastham
Cuisines: African, Dutch, British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Karoo Restaurant is inspired by the diversity of British, Dutch, African, Malaysian, Portuguese and Indian flavors that make up the delicious dishes of Chef Sanette Groenewald's South African homeland. Our eclectic menu ranges from VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, and Gluten free options to homemade burgers, fish & chips, native stews and exotic meats. We carry a wide assortment South African wines and unusual imported beers from all over the world. As always our entire menu is available for dine-in or take-out.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

First of all, the entire staff at Karoo are tops. Starting with the owner Sanette, coming around to the tables and continuing with the servers, bartender and hostess. They couldn't be nicer or more helpful and welcoming. My husband had peri peri chicken it was delicious. Others have said it wasn't hot like it was supposed to be they are mistaken. It isn't hot but it is spicy. There is a difference. I had the sausage with a side of Chakalaka. Superb. I can't say enough about how good this place is.

There are newer reviews for Karoo Restaurant

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food is very good. I had an african meatloaf, my wife had a spiced (peri peri) half chicken. Both were excellent, though the chicken wasn't as hot-spicy as the menu claimed. The food was not exotic (like Ethiopian), so less adventurous diners will be fine here.

We ate at the bar, the bartender was excellent - keeping all customers happy while managing to give personalized attention. She makes flavored bourbon and vodka. She recommended the dessert for us.

Dessert was a malva pudding. It was vanilla spongecake (made with homemade vanilla extract) with caramel on top that soaks down filling all the holes in the spongecake. It is an old family recipe, and we both loved it (my wife doesn't like desserts and I prefer chocolate, so this is surprising).

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I must say as a server on cape I have become a food and service snob. My friend had been here once before and knowing I am a vegetarian had to introduce me to this restaurant! And can I say it was incredible! I not only ate my shared portion of an app, I ate my whole plate of an entree and enjoyed desert. Food was incredible. Honestly can not wait to come back and try everything I can possibly order! Our server Austin was fantastic, very knowledgable sold the desert with just a wonderful description! My new favorite spot!

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Our first time eating at Karoo in Eastham and things could not have been better. The menu offers an excellent selection of food and drink. The waiter was very knowledgeable and quite helpful in making suggestions. The decor is pleasant and the prices are very moderate. I don't think I saw an entree that cost more than $17.95. The food is the highlight - delicious and a most welcome change from the mostly New England/Americana food you find all over the Cape. We are already planning our next visit.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Interesting, reasonably priced, good for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Wish we had a place like this near us. Plan to return when on cape.