“Breakfast leaving cape”

Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stopped here for breakfast after staying overnight on Cape. This was one of the best breakfast I have had for the money. The hash was absolutely the best I have had other than my Father's or Wife's, the service was very good as well. Will stop here again and recommend to others.

2  Thank Ed V

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The restaurant is OK but the food was bland and uninteresting. It lacked any atmosphere. We ate there on our first night but were not impressed enough to return.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I am often reminded that while some folks speak highly of a dish others are disappointed. This was the case with me at this restaurant. I do not eat eggs so I hunt for a restaurant that serves pancakes but I am really fussy. The blueberry pancakes which were reviewed on TA as great were not nearly as good as those I ate at Van Rensselaer yesterday. They were loaded with blueberries but the taste of the pancakes were simply NOT up to my standards. I should add that all the others in my party were quite satisfied with their non-pancake meals especially the potato pancakes that I sampled and found to be wonderful. If I ever returned to this restaurant, which is not likely, I would order the potato pancakes.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was told that the Fairway Restaurant is where the locals go for a good meal. Our foursome enjoyed the breakfast here so much that we returned twice more. I enjoyed the cooked to order bacon and eggs with side of house-made raisin toast. The potato pancakes were sizable and tasty, crisp on the outside and cooked through nicely. The blueberry pancakes were tender and loaded with berries. Portions are generous and reasonably priced. Service is friendly and very attentive.

1  Thank tmstring
Reviewed July 22, 2013

the food and service was both good, nothing fancy or the meal you will remember for a long time, but decent quality. the prices however a bit on the high side for what you get. so plan to spend between 15 to 20 for a meal that should only cost 10-12.