“Best Breakfast (and great dinner!) on the Outer Cape”

Fairway Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Eastham
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is our favorite breakfast/brunch place on the cape. Amazing potato pancakes, crab cakes Benedict, and the best calzones I've ever had. Don't miss it.

1  Thank seekj

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is our favorite breakfast place. Great selection of foods and always great service. I highly recommend this place for food and service but please be prepared to wait especially on weeekends.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This local restaurant specializes in seafood and Italian classics. The pizza is quite good. We often get carry-out pizza and take it to the local drive-in

1  Thank Studaddy7
Reviewed July 6, 2013

In the game of life I choose food over sports in every possible arena.

I'd rather talk about the latest episode of Chopped or whatever Gordon Ramsey has on today over the local sports team.

I am a bigger fan of cracker jacks than the game that they are so immortally attached to.

That being said there are a lot of parallels between the taking in of calories and the burning of them off in competitive pursuits.

Allow me to suggest that you take care of the former at Fairway Restaurant & Pizzeria before taking care of the latter or in other words, make sure you hit the Fairway before you hit the other fairway!

The Fairway is an absolute landmark. Located right on Route 6 it is all but impossible to miss and definitely impossible to resist!

Whenever I am this far down the Cape I make a point to stop here for breakfast on the way. Since they are open for dinner as well you could just as easily pop in on your way out just the same.

Make sure to take your time though. This is not a "pit stop" on the way. It is a real deal restaurant serving up quality. So make sure to stop, relax and enjoy the local flavor.

The first time I came here I had one of the best breakfasts I have ever had at a restaurant and they have yet to not make par.

All golf puns aside this place is excellent though.

The only thing you should make yourself aware though is that this restaurant is tiny and since the food is great... there tends to be a wait.

Again, make time for it. It is very much worth it! If you love breakfast and are on the Cape than this is your signed Mickey Mantle rookie card.

After you make it through the wait you will have to fight your urge to order everything on the menu. Standouts for me are the Pancakes (all of them!) and the Steak and Eggs.

I feel that Pancakes are essentially dessert for breakfast, it shouldn't be too sweet of course but it should have some definite dessert traits. Whether you are more a fruit or chocolate person pancakes allow you to indulge without the ubiquitous Bill Cosby references were you to just order Cake. Whether they have fruit mixed in or an array of sauces and syrups poured over them these light and fluffy discs need to be just this side of gooey in order to cut it!

The Fairway nails this balance effortlessly!

*Full disclosure, the waffles are good too. I just prefer pancakes. They have CAKE in them. DO the math!

Steak and eggs is a solid all around choice. It is a standard and again the Fairway delivers here as well. This is the rock on the menu. It is always good and never disappoints in matters of portion OR flavor.

Since you have read this far allow me to give you a suggestion...

With all these sports references I feel that a drug reference is necessary. If the Pancakes and Egg combination dishes are grand slams (Not the Denny's variety I assure you!) than the Gorgonzola Mornay sauce (served on the Steak Benedict) is the steroids... ahem... vitamin "Gorgonzola" injections... this place didn't need but certainly benefit from having!

In my opinion you should ask for the sauce on the side for anything that comes with homefries! This is the hidden gem on the menu and you owe it to yourself to get a taste.

I mean this stuff is so good you could just ask for a cup of it with a straw but if you have an issue ordering ACTUAL cake for breakfast, as opposed to panCAKES doing this might be mortifying. Do the next best thing and just pour it liberally over the breakfast plate*.

That is assuming of course that you won't be drug tested after.

With such good food, the service must suck right?

Not the case! Not only is the team of staff friendly and courteous (very unlike other restaurants on the Cape and even harder to find during high season!) they all seem to work well together. You'll see the servers communicating regularly with the Host/Hostess and since I have never had my order even close to messed up, there must be some serious communication behind the scenes as well!

Great job Fairway! You've hit a hole in one right out of the park!

*Except the Pancakes. I tried it. Not as good as you think but I think this is more a personal foul situation. Note to future patrons, do not mix gorgonzola deliciousness with pancake deliciousness.

1  Thank Madmixologist
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great Food, Great Staff and very reasonably Priced! There was something on the Menu for everyone in our Party and we just can't say enough about our positive experience. We will certainly be going back whenever we're in the Eastham,Orleans and Wellfleet area.

2  Thank Larrychristynh