“Do Not be fooled”

Lobster Shanty
Ranked #20 of 30 Restaurants in Eastham
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place looks appealing as you pass it on he road...but the service was horrible and the person taking the order had to have everything repeated at least three times...so ordering for a family o f four( take out).. Was painful. The food was fair.

1  Thank JREISKIN

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We thought we would give this restaurant the "benefit of the doubt" after reading previous reviews on Trip Advisor. The restaurant looked like a cool, fun little "beachy" place. There were three of us eating and once we ordered it took about 30 minutes to get our food. I ordered the cheeseburger and fries. The fries were cold (not lukewarm but COLD).

My daughters ordered the fried seafood platter. My youngest daughter cut into the fried fish and it was raw!! After finally getting our waitress back to our table (we had to ask a bus boy to get her because she NEVER came around), we showed her the fish and asked if we could get some new fish fried correctly. She agreed...when she brought the new fish to the table, it was RAW also!! It was like they had the fryer set way too high, it was cooking the outside but leaving the inside raw. And not only was the fish raw, but there was also a "fried claw" in the fish!!!!

We showed the waitress the 2nd serving of raw fish and the claw. She said she would get it taken care of. Her idea of taking care of it was a $3.00 discount on the $25.00 plate!!! Most waitresses would have sent a manager to the table but instead we were told that if anyone asked about our $3.00 discount to tell them that we brought in a coupon!!

I recommend to AVOID this place at all costs...Chatham is not that far of a drive and has some VERY GOOD restaurants!!!

1  Thank Chandra S
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was a great place for lunch given had rented bikes next door. So it was very convenient. The scallop roll was excellent. The onion rings were huge and plentiful. Our service was very good too.

2  Thank Bob C
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My children just wanted quick burgers before an afternoon at the beach. I ordered a shrimp cocktail, simple dish you can pick up at stop n shop for $5. Ooooh no, when my shrimp arrived, they looked like pink playdoh and were room temperature. I bit into one, it was so hard I though the shell was still on it. Spit that out, not hungry enough for food poisoning!! One of my son's offered me half their burger, that was lousy too for $6.95 but OOOO it comes in a 50c plastic bucket with a Lobster Shanty sticker.

The really funny part was when I told the waiter the shrimp was horrible, he looked at me like he could not comprehend. I made him touch it and that shrimp should not be hard. He still looked at me slack jawed so I thrust it into his hand and said I'm not eating this, nor am I paying for it! $18.20 for 2 hamburgers and a small box of crappy fries with no salt. Sorry slack jaws, you're only getting a buck -eighty for a tip. Maybe next time you'll look at what you're serving.

1  Thank Jenn M
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Decent Cape curb appeal, so look while you drive by! Dim, dirty & dingey inside. Maybe if the hostess, 2 waiters and cook (& I use those terms lightly) put a hint of effort into their job instead of watching the bar tv together, it may help - but I doubt it. This place could be a gold mine but
NOT in its current state. Yuk.

1  Thank Sara M