“good food”
Review of Parkers Shipwreck Tavern - CLOSED

Parkers Shipwreck Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Restaurant and Sports Bar full of Local Color. All Fresh, mostly homemade, generous portions, good prices. Casual dining and atmosphere. Daily Lunch & Dinner Specials. Keno, pool, darts, gaming, one stop shopping!
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The food at this restaurant is always consistently good. The atmosphere needs a bit of an update but that will come in time. It is nice to have a place to go year round and it is really fun when they have live music.

1  Thank mary m

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This restaurant is open all year and is a local favorite. Don't let that stop you. Everyone is friendly and the food is great and the prices are very reasonable. They accommodate any changes to the menu without making you feel like a pain in the neck. We always go back both in and out of peak season and have never had a bad meal.

1  Thank Darlene K
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I love local dive bars, but they don't always like me. Here, sadly, I was not able to fit in very well. I don't drive a chopper, I don't wear a tool belt, I don't have long hair and tatts, I don't "work a boat," i don't know everyone in the room, I don't always enter the restaurant through the back kitchen door (?!) and when I walk into a place like this, the waitress doesn't say to me, "hey, what'll it be for lunch, the usual?" And she does not then proceed to pour me a pint of vodka with a splash of orange juice. But if that's what YOU are used to, then this is your place. I should mention that we ended up getting along with everyone smashingly, after we mocked ourselves to the entire room for a few minutes (as a method of self-preservation). It seems like the Regulars here like their Outsiders with a bit of self-effacing humor. They even ended up confiding to us how, in the summer, they hate the fact that they "can't tuen left" on Rt. 6. because of all of us (which I agree with). And the deep-fried food was pretty darn good (if you like deep fried food). But I'll never go back there. It was too authentic.

2  Thank Clausewitzhorse
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very cool place, nice people and great food! Great band playing live music as we ate! We felt like locals. The service was excellent!

1  Thank Annasand2010
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stopped in at Parker's Shipwreck to avoid the dinner crowds and to get a quick bite to eat. We had a very good meal and drinks for about $30. The chowder was thick and delicious and the sandwiches we ate were generous portions. Our waitress, Hillary, gave us great service and was very friendly. We listened to a lively cover-band while we ate. Overall, it was a nice discovery for us.

2  Thank Terry08057