“Nice place to go”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I think it is a nice place to go for drinks with friends and light diner.Nice and clean,easy parking.The food is ok nothing really memorable but good.

There are newer reviews for Local Break

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place seems to be a "locals" place. Lot's of folks here knew someone else in the place when we were there. Not as crowded as someof the other hangouts nearby, which is nice.

I had Chicken Wings, a few beers, and the Shrimp sandwich. Shrimp sandwich good, but the wings were poor in my taste opinion. I asked for extra crispy and Medium hotness. Not close on the crispiness, still too mushy for my liking, but the medium "sauce" was almost like a semi-spicy red honey sauce. Won't order again.

My wife had the burger and it looked pretty good.

Wait staff was friendly and attentive. Had a kids menu. Wasn't too noisy (good).

Probably go back again.

1  Thank 50StatesBy50
Reviewed August 7, 2013

They make the most delicious clam chowder. Really a great! We had a very enjoyable dinner here..despite it appearing to be a sports bar..they are family friendly.

1  Thank JREISKIN
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food is excellent! The walls are covered in surfing photos from local beaches, which makes eating there a special pl;ace, you feel like you are on Cape Cod, but yet, the atmosphere is more like a high end restaurant. Small menu, very clean, great drinks! Great place to go out with some friends to have some drinks and apps.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a place to get some food and a couple of beers at 9:45 PM. On Monday evening in Eastham, numerous places claimed to be open till 10 but actually closed kitchens early. Happily, the local breaks kitchen was still serving when we arrived at 9:45. My wife and I set the bar and had some excellent porter from Nantucket brewery. We had the clam chowder which included some tasty littleneck clams. The chowder was excellent. We split a shrimp po boy and some sweet potato fries with horseradish dipping sauce. The fries were good. The sandwich was very good. A lighter breaking would have made it excellent. The service was top notch. All in all a very good dining experience.