“Just a Great Little Motel”

Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed five days or so for a friend's wedding weekend and a bit of a vacation, and I can't say enough good things about the place. Nice, no-fuss Cape Cod Motel Room. Immaculately clean and well kept. They are stringent about noise after dark - which I personally appreciated, but may be outside or above some people's expectations...I had a large, super comfortable bed. Shower was good - great place to come back to after a day running-about the cape.

Beyond just being friendly people, It's obvious John and Melanie take a lot of pride in the management and upkeep of the place - it shows everywhere. The standard of service at this motel would be exemplary for a full-blown bed and breakfast - minus, of course, the full breakfast. I had friends staying all over on cape cod, and far and those who were happiest with their stay/accommodations all stayed here. If you're looking for a place to stay in the area, I couldn't recommend it more highly. I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I love Coast Guard Beach in Eastham. It's my favorite place on Earth. Each summer we usually rent a house for a week. But this year, time was limited, so we decided to try out a motel. After reviewing motels in the Eastham area online, the Eagle Wing caught my eye because of good-looking posted photos, positive reviews on TripAdvisor, and reasonable price.

The Eagle Wing delivered! You can tell experienced Marriott and Sheraton hoteliers run the place. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was like you'd find at a 4* hotel. The back door opened onto a cozy little deck area providing a nice Cape Cod breeze. Room was quiet, slept well, didn't hear a peep. I forgot my cell phone charger, the owner cheerfully offered one for my use. Free muffins and coffee in the morning. Clean-looking pool (did not use it). Would stay here again.

Tip: Drive down the road to the Hole in One Donut Shop, early before the place gets packed, pick up fresh donuts and coffee and have breakfast watching the seals bobbing at Coast Guard Beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Voyagereuse
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in September to explore the cape and it was everything described. Very clean and the beds were very comfortable. A great base to see the entire area. The owner was very helpful in supplying information about the cape. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunnytan1215
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This old-fashioned appearing motel has clean, comfortable rooms, a nice pool, and very friendly and helpful proprietors. Coffee and fresh baked muffins and fruit are available each morning. The location is good for actvities from Orleans to Wellfleet, including the Cape Cod National Seashore. An excellent value for a mid-cape stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank S6usanne
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We just returned from a 3-night stay here. It was very clean and comfortable. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect, being about in the middle between one end of the cape and the other. Every morning, there was coffee, tea, bananas, apples, juices and muffins. They even made me gluten-free blueberry muffins because of my allergy. There is a very inviting and clean pool, but we were so busy, we didn't use it. We did make use of their outdoor tables to eat breakfast each morning. Our room had a fridge, which was convenient. Having looked at many places before choosing this one, I can say that the price was very reasonable in comparison to some others, considering it is mid-August. We would definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank novarw
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We wanted to get away for a few days and chose the outer Cape area. This motel did not disappoint. The owners were friendly and very helpful in terms of giving suggestions for restaurants and beaches. The rooms were roomy and very clean. We asked for a late check-out and John was very accommodating in allowing us some extra time in checking out. Loved the location, which was right past the Orleans rotary. Easy to get to P-town and back to Yarmouth. The coffee, muffins and juice were just right in starting our day. We are all ready planning next year's visit!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank D9720BDMom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family rented homes in Eastham for years, but have not been able to do so lately. I was able to schedule a short trip there this year with my son, so we needed a motel. The Eagle Wing was perfect! The room was spotless. The owner, John, was wonderful. Breakfast in the office every morning...muffins, fruit, juice, and coffee, with pretty wicker baskets to take back to your room. I got breakfast every morning and enjoyed it on the small back deck off of my room while my teenage son slept until his usual early rising of 11 am! Location is right past the Orleans Rotory-which at first I thought was not the best location, but it ensures that you are usually making a right hand turn onto route 6 to get to the Eastham beaches. This is definitely a bonus.

This hotel caters to couples, not large families, so it is very quiet. While a bit pricey for a small motel, it is Cape Cod and we were staying at the peak of summer. We would have paid the same at any of the motels on Rt 6. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a quiet, clean motel in Eastham.

Room Tip: I think most of the rooms are King beds...they only have a few with double beds so if you need more...