“Affordable, Comfortable, Elegant, Genuine!”
Review of Midway Motel

Midway Motel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Midway Motel is lifted up and set back from Rte 6: it is a ring of well-kept cottages and attached rooms in a quiet, lovely, woodsy, shaded area. I was put in the Captain's Quarters, a spacious room with a high, beamed ceiling. The room was both comfortable and immaculate, with ***in-room coffee*** (never underestimate this!). Sally, the proprietress, is gently friendly and welcoming, and very *present*. You can tell she takes pride in the property because of its appearance and genuinely cares about her guests because of her manner. I was exhausted after a marathon day of driving on 3 hours of sleep, and then booming around the Cape all day--I don't know how I did it, except that the energy of the day kept me going. When I saw my room, and crashed into my huge bed, I could not have been happier or felt safer or more cared-for.

The binder in the room is a hand-selected collection of clippings and maps that have all been chosen for a purpose: it is an invaluable gift for getting oriented and appreciating Eastham so make sure to peruse it as you enjoy your coffee.

After a long day at the Cape, STAY HERE, and then go have dinner at Stewart's down the road and listen to live jazz for an utterly perfect evening. I can definitely recommend this to couples or solo travelers!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank bluecowboyyoga

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I chose to stay here for four nights after reading favorable reviews on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to report that it met our expectations. The room was immaculate and very comfortable and quiet. Our hostess, Sally, was delightful. We highly recommend the Midway Motel, and would definitely stay here again if we needed lodging on the Cape.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ellen C
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I rely on Trip Advisor for "heads-up" info on places to stay and things to when my wife and I travel. Based upon numerous positive reviews of the Midway Motel in Eastham, I called and made reservations for a three-night stay in June. When we arrived, our immediate reaction was "This is really nice !" Midway Motel is set back from the highway in a wooded grove. We were greeted at check-in by Sally, the owner - and we were welcomed as guests to one's home. Our room (the Midway Depot) was spacious, attractively decorated, and everything (especially the bathroom) was spotlessly clean. I thought about all the good things I had read about Midway (which influenced my decision to stay there), and said to myself "They're right !"
We enjoyed our get-away to Cape Cod, and we were really happy with our experience with Midway Motel. Sally - you're A #1 in our book, and we'll share the good word with our friends.

1  Thank Stan630
Reviewed July 1, 2014

On the basis of a recommandation of a friend to the effect that the Midway Motel in Eastham was an establishment of great quality, we reserved a small cottage at this place. After 3 weeks spent in this quiet environment, the final result was far beyond our expectations.

First and foremost, we must stress the gentleness of Sally who is always available to satisfy all our needs whatsoever. Moreover, the cottage that we rented was well decorated with a kitchen furnished with many utensils and pots, and also, a coffee maker of quality.

The Midway Motel is very well located within a short distance from the most beautiful beaches of Cape Cod, namely Marconi and Nauset Light. Finally the property is about 100 feet from the Cape Cod Rail Trail for bicycles. In a word, we loved this place so much that we have decided to come back next year for 3 weeks of pure delight.

2  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed overnight with my boyfriend just this past weekend. Sally the owner, as others have mentioned was so welcoming and helpful. We tried both of her recommendations for dinner and breakfast and were not disappointed. It is an immaculate place and a very relaxing place to stay. It will definitely be on my list to return to when I plan a vacation in this area! Highly recommend this!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

we came by for a couple of nights because our own house on the cape needed some repairs. what a lovely place. The grounds are meticulously maintained and the owner is just a lovely woman. she was very gracious and helpful to us, even though we arrived very late at night. rooms were so very comfortable.we definitely recommend Midway.

Room Tip: we stayed near the office, and even then, the rooms were very quiet. loved the room coffee service...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Myself my boyfriend and my 6 month old daughter came to Eastham for Memorial day weekend! The wagonshed cottage was beautiful! The owners Sally and Family were awesome. Very responsive happy and CLEAN!!!! They made our stay so enjoyable and relaxing! Will definitely be going back! I will be sending people their way for sure!!

Room Tip: wagoneshed cottae for a small family :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank suzer1102
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Pleasant Bay Village
Wellfleet Motel
Wellfleet Motel
#2 of 4 in Wellfleet
Viking Shores Motor Inn

Been to Midway Motel? Share your experiences!