“"You can believe the rave reviews about Midway Motel !"”
Review of Midway Motel

Midway Motel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I rely on Trip Advisor for "heads-up" info on places to stay and things to when my wife and I travel. Based upon numerous positive reviews of the Midway Motel in Eastham, I called and made reservations for a three-night stay in June. When we arrived, our immediate reaction was "This is really nice !" Midway Motel is set back from the highway in a wooded grove. We were greeted at check-in by Sally, the owner - and we were welcomed as guests to one's home. Our room (the Midway Depot) was spacious, attractively decorated, and everything (especially the bathroom) was spotlessly clean. I thought about all the good things I had read about Midway (which influenced my decision to stay there), and said to myself "They're right !"
We enjoyed our get-away to Cape Cod, and we were really happy with our experience with Midway Motel. Sally - you're A #1 in our book, and we'll share the good word with our friends.

1  Thank Stan630

Reviewed July 1, 2014

On the basis of a recommandation of a friend to the effect that the Midway Motel in Eastham was an establishment of great quality, we reserved a small cottage at this place. After 3 weeks spent in this quiet environment, the final result was far beyond our expectations.

First and foremost, we must stress the gentleness of Sally who is always available to satisfy all our needs whatsoever. Moreover, the cottage that we rented was well decorated with a kitchen furnished with many utensils and pots, and also, a coffee maker of quality.

The Midway Motel is very well located within a short distance from the most beautiful beaches of Cape Cod, namely Marconi and Nauset Light. Finally the property is about 100 feet from the Cape Cod Rail Trail for bicycles. In a word, we loved this place so much that we have decided to come back next year for 3 weeks of pure delight.

2  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed overnight with my boyfriend just this past weekend. Sally the owner, as others have mentioned was so welcoming and helpful. We tried both of her recommendations for dinner and breakfast and were not disappointed. It is an immaculate place and a very relaxing place to stay. It will definitely be on my list to return to when I plan a vacation in this area! Highly recommend this!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

we came by for a couple of nights because our own house on the cape needed some repairs. what a lovely place. The grounds are meticulously maintained and the owner is just a lovely woman. she was very gracious and helpful to us, even though we arrived very late at night. rooms were so very comfortable.we definitely recommend Midway.

Room Tip: we stayed near the office, and even then, the rooms were very quiet. loved the room coffee service...
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Myself my boyfriend and my 6 month old daughter came to Eastham for Memorial day weekend! The wagonshed cottage was beautiful! The owners Sally and Family were awesome. Very responsive happy and CLEAN!!!! They made our stay so enjoyable and relaxing! Will definitely be going back! I will be sending people their way for sure!!

Room Tip: wagoneshed cottae for a small family :)
2  Thank suzer1102
Reviewed May 20, 2014

What a charming place with an equally charming owner. Sally was so welcoming to my husband and me for our two day stay at the Midway. The rooms are like little cottages with lovely, homey details and meticulously clean. We are birders, so Sally gave us loads of maps and information on where to go and what to see. We also followed her Restaurant recommendations and were not disappointed! She could not have been nicer or more helpful. I must also comment on the beautifully landscaped grounds; we were there in May and so treated to a gorgeous show of Azaleas, Rhododendrons, and flowering trees. The entire place is then surrounded by a pretty woodland. If we return to Cape Cod we will definitely return to the Midway Motel. We highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I believe Sally has very high standards of excellence and would imagine that all the rooms are equal...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara R
Reviewed May 19, 2014

As grandparents, we want to encourage our 6 year old grand-daughter to enjoy bicycle riding, so we decided to take her and her mom on a quick trip to the Cape Cod Rail Trail during some nice spring weather. What better place to stay than in your own cottage (the Wagonshed) - only a very short forested trail to the bike rail trail! We had one morning when the weather did not cooperate (rainy, cold) but that was happily spent playing board games in our cottage living room, making hot tea in our own kitchen. Other than that, we could literally go out the door, be on the bike rail trail and ride (for miles). Also, a 5 min car drive away was the Salt Pond Visitor center from which we rode our bikes to the ocean and another 5-10 mins car ride away was Marconi Beach for an afternoon of chasing waves. The cottage is kept incredibly clean and compact - which was fine for the 4 of us (3 adults and 1 child). My daughter and grand-daughter slept comfortably on the pullout sofa bed and we had the bedroom. The owner (Sally) is VERY helpful and pleasant if you need anything at all. It was early spring so we didn't need the grill and picnic table out front but the clothesline out back came in handy after we got wet chasing those waves! As did the shuffleboard right near our cottage that came in handy keeping my grand-daughter busy. This is the kind of place my husband and I love - reminds us of the 1950's with all the friendliness and character of that time. Reasonably priced too, to have your 'own little place' - there is also a motel too with a 'common room'. All in all, a great place.

Room Tip: There are only 2 cottages - one for max of 4 people, good for 2 adults, 2 kids -who could both sleep...
2  Thank zimnana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
#1 of 8 in Orleans
Blue Dolphin Inn
Blue Dolphin Inn
#5 of 9 in Eastham

Been to Midway Motel? Share your experiences!