“Enjoyed our stay!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Reviewed April 21, 2008

April 21, 2008

Dear Sally:

Just a note to let you know how much we enjoyed our stay at the Midway last week. We especially enjoyed our accommodations in "The Old Sailor's Home." We found your establishment not only to be charming, but quiet, spacious and comfortable, and we were most impressed with how immaculately clean our room was. My "old sailor" especially enjoyed his birthday celebration on the Cape ... thanks in part to our stay with you. We look forward to visiting again soon. Many thanks.

Ron and Mary
East Fallowfield, PA

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ourvac

Reviewed February 24, 2008

My husband and I have been vacationing on the Cape for many years. We have stayed in motels from Sandwich to Truro. Finding the Midway Motel was such a pleasant surprise. It is by far the cleanest, most comfortable, and hospitable place we
have stayed in. Sally is the nicest hostess, friendly and efficient.
She goes above and beyond to make your stay comfortable.
The grounds are immaculate, well-landscaped, and charming. Easy walking access through a lovely wooded area brings you
to the bike trail - for biking or walking - just beautiful. The rooms are so comfortable, and extremely clean and in excellent repair. Best described as cozy and warm. Every detail seems to have been thought of. It's a small complex of motel rooms and two cottages. Plan ahead and reserve early. You don't want to be disappointed. We won't stay anywhere else.

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank emarch1014
Reviewed February 21, 2008

If you are planning a trip to the Cape and are looking for a place to stay, look no further! I whole heartedly agree with the reviews written by past patrons as my family has been staying here 10+ years. Sally the owner is very kind and thoughtful as well as very accomodating. Ron, Sally's husband who had passed away, was a kind gentle man who like Sally, treats it's patrons like family and has ever since we have been staying. The Motel is set back off of Rt. 6 just enough so you do not experience traffic noise when trying to sleep and awake to hear birds churping in the mornings. There is a swing set for the kids to play on as well as a cool meeting house with brochures for every need and board games for all to play. Not to mention the free coffee every morning and newspapers. My daughter and I love to play with the old carved wooden checker table at the meeting house. For anyone planning to use bikes, there is an entry way to access the rail trail in back of the meeting house. How convienient is that. The grounds are very well kept and the flowers when in bloom are wonderful. You are just minutes from the beaches and most restaurants. Our room, whichever one is available, is immaculately clean. There is a ceiling fan and a microwave as well as a college sized refrigerator big enough to keep leftovers and/or drinks cold. The linens are always clean and smell fresh. There are plenty of clean white towels for all and at a request more are furnished no questions asked. We have stayed at other places in a pinch and believe me they are no Midway. I could go on all day writing how wonderful this place is but do yourself a favor and read the reviews then experience the Midway for yourself. You will not be dissapointed. Keep up the good fight Sally as I know it is not easy. You are doing a wonderful job!!!
Love Sue, Todd and Erin

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank CapeBeachbum22
Reviewed October 24, 2007

My wife and I spent a delightful week in "The Barn", the larger of the two cottages available at The Midway. Everything was perfect: The siting in the woods (far enough from Rt 6 for quiet),the spotlessly clean cabin with a large high-ceiling living room, fully equipped kitchen, and queen sized comfortable bed. (There are two other bedrooms in"The barn" which we did not use) There's even a very effective nautural-gas fired heater for the chilly October nights when we were visiting the Cape. The owner is friendly, helpful and just a delightful person to stay with. We have already made our reservations for May 2008, and can't wait to sleep and prepare our meals in the cottage again so we will be prepared for our long walks on the beautiful beaches just a short distance away (A bit less than ten minutes from the cottage to the shore).

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank ahshalom
Reviewed October 11, 2007

The Midway is not only the best bargain but what I love about it is that it's not just clean, it's IMMACULATE! The rooms have great basic amenities like a fridge, A/C, heat, tv (of course), table & chairs, and also has a coffee maker. I stayed in the efficiency once and it was so well stocked with pots, pans, dishes, etc. that it was better equipped than my own kitchen! Nice if you want to do your own cooking. There's also an adorable common room that has a TV, games for the kids, and fresh coffee. There's not much I can say about this great motel that hasn't already been said. Don't expect a fancy room but DO expect the room and the grounds to be super-clean, which to me is the most important thing of all. All that, and the folks who run it are wonderful and so friendly. I've stayed at motels all over the Outer Cape and am SO happy to have found this delightfully charming motel. It's simply the BEST, and now it's the only place I'll stay when I'm at the Cape. You'll love it!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank CapeCodKat
Reviewed October 9, 2007

North Eastham, mass.
I Have been going to the Midway Motel and Cottages for many, many years now. My husband and I love Cape Cod and whenever we get the chance we stay at the Midway, it's a Wonderful place to stay. The owners are great people. It is set back off the road in a slightly wooded area so you don't hear the traffic.The rail trail is right behind the motel so it's easy access. Many different style rooms.Regular motel rooms, efficiencies, 2 cottages. Spotless. The common room has a tv, games, and comfortable furniture to just sit , relax and wind down for the evening. Fresh brewed coffee is served in the morning in the common room. There is a shuffle board area also. You can get package deals for a few nights stay,with some tickets for whale watching and meal vouchers for different restaurants. The choice of restaurants are realy good too.The package deals change so the owner could tell you more about them . It's worth checking out. I love this place.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tropical1965
Reviewed September 25, 2007

I have been coming to the cape for 23 years, bringing my mother, then sisters, then boyfriend, then husband and now my son. Every year we have stayed at the Midway Motel and Cottages. The rooms are immaculate, the decore is cozy. The staff is pleasant and the owner is fantastic. Always ready to help you to find a place to eat or a place to buy a certain item you are looking for. Ron and Sally have always been like family to me, and I am so pleased that Sally is continuing to keep the Motel going at such a high standard, even after the passing of our wonderful Ron.

Once you drive onto the property, you immediately feel relaxed. The tall pines shade you and there is always a breeze rustling the leaves of the scrub oak trees. The rooms are equipped with everything you would need to make your stay a pleasant one, fridge, microwave, cable tv, air conditioner (though you rarely need it up there because of that breeze), the beds are comfortable, everything in the room is sparkling clean, everything always smells nice and fresh, the rooms are quite large too. There are a few adjoining rooms if you have a larger party, and the cottages are wonderful too. I loved the barn (the large cottage) when I brought my family to the cape, large enough for everyone to move around and have a little space to go off to if you wanted to read a book, a wonderful large living/kitchen area to hang out and play a game or watch a movie on a rainy day.

The bike trail is a great addition to this property, just out back you can hop on the trail and walk or ride for miles in the serene back wooded area. If you dont bring your bikes, you can rent them right up the road. If you are quiet enough sometimes you can see some local wildlife too.

There is so much information about the area in the rooms too, there are books with everything you need to know from tide charts and maps to local attractions and restaurants, but if there is anything you cant find in that book, Sally is always there with a smile on her face, ready to help you find what you need.

Whenever anyone is going to the cape I always tell them they should try the Midway Motel and Cottages, they will not be disapointed.

Amy and Josh
Windsor CT

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank capecodcat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod
#5 of 9 in Eastham
Cove Bluffs Inn
Cove Bluffs Inn
#4 of 9 in Eastham

Been to Midway Motel? Share your experiences!