“Very reasonable accomodations!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Whitman
“Very reasonable accomodations!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were appreciative of the Blue Dolphin Staff, specifically Minnie, for working with us during a medical issue and allowing us to re-schedule our planned visit on such short notice. The staff were friendly and accomodating, room was clean, bathroom stocked with ample towels and the rate/s very reasonable. The hotel is convenientally located near restaurants (which the staff are familiar with) and Cape activities. No complaints!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sara M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Saratoga Springs, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

As a family we rented 2 rooms for 5 adults. Used as base camp to ride bike trails in Nantucket and north of Provincetown. Quiet, clean and pleasant site. Convenient breakfast/lunch buffet next door. Parking right outside your room is very handy. Staff are kind and accommodating. Sm. back deck and pool. Would stay again-vouchers for out of season travel were very helpful towards our meals.

Room Tip: Be reasonable, not demanding. Always tip housekeeping.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Janie200
South Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on the recommendation of a friend. We were down Cape Cod to attend an event in Provincetown. The room was clean and quiet. Each room has a parking spot assigned to it right outside the door. There is a breakfast/lunch place right next door. I would stay here again and I recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in that area. It's close to the Cape cod National seashore and about a 25 minute ride to Provinetown.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin C
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night on vacation. The room was ok. Some peeling wallpaper, AC did not work that well, the pool was nice. Laundry was broken. Not worth the $180.00 for the night. When I returned home I started itching and had a bad rash all over my body. I went to the emergency room in the middle of the night because the itching became unbearable. I was diagnosed with scabies. Other than my wife's family's house this was the only place that I stayed while on vacation, the only place that I could have contracted this horrible parasitic disease.I just hope that they refund my money to help pay for my emergency room visit, and the cost of having to wash every piece of material in my house. Very costly, very painfull, very disappointing. I would not reccomend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you wear a hazmat suit to bed.
3 Thank Adam I
bluedolphininn, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Guest,
First of all, I would like to say thank you for your comments and apologize for your inconvenience experience during your stay in Cape Cod. Scabies is found worldwide. It is usually spread by direct contact with infected people and less often by sharing clothing or bedding. Your medical report states that scabies can be caused by very small bugs called mites, it not due to hotel sheets. It is also like for scabies to be spread by a swimming pool or beach/lake water. Blue Dolphin Inn is located in a wooded area of Cape Cod, that is prone to all sorts of bug. We are surrounded by trees, sands, and water. We have mandated health inspections and comply with everything that is necessary to keep our establishment clean. We strive to be clean and friendly at our hotel. In fact, we have brand NEW mattress, bedding, duvets, blankets, and sheets.

Thank you for leaving your comments here on tripadvisor

kind regards
Bernardston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This motel has an excellent location on the Cape to enjoy The National Seashore, Audubon Center and many other sites. The facility is very dated with interior restorations very worn. The beds were comfortable with good housekeeping attention between nights. The air conditioner was not adequate for the hot August period of our visit. Typical of many Cape accommodations they demand above average rental rates for a below average room. Check-in was efficient enough, but don't expect a warm family ownership to be on site to assist you.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Russell B
Blue I, Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Blue Dolphin Inn on your recent visit to Cape Cod. We hope you enjoyed Cape Cod and I happy to hear you were pleased with our location and housekeeping team! I would like to apologize about the front desk issue, I will forward it to the front office team to address.

I do hope the rest of your visit to Cape Cod was enjoyable. Thank you for leaving your comments here on TripAdvisor.

Kind Regards
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We choose this motel as we wanted to be able to explore Cape Cod, being in the centre it fulfilled the criteria. It is close to the cycle trail, a drive in cinema which was a novelty for us Brits and a number of superb beaches one that had a great bar/ restaurant. worth exploring Provincetown, Wellfleet and Chatham.

It is one of the old style of motels which we found very interesting being from the U.K. The rooms all looked onto a central wooded area with a patio area through french doors- similar to Center Parcs. The room was large, clean with two large double beds a little dated but comfortable enough for a few days exploring Cape Cod. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

1 Thank annettebeard
bluedolphininn, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Annette,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Blue Dolphin Inn during your recent trip to Cape Cod. I hope you enjoyed your trip. It is wonderful to hear you were able to visit the drive in cinema, flea market, and the bike trail located within walking distance of the hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and central wooded courtyard.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Have a safe trip back to UK.

Kind Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We rent our house in Eastham for the summer and occasionally need to come up and check on things. Often we stay with friends but sometimes have needed a motel and have tried out various ones in the area. I given 3 stars to the Blue Dolphin! Clean, decent, great that the rooms have screened sliding doors opening onto their wooded courtyard, wonderful to be able to have delicious cape cod air wafting through your motel room. The bed was great with real sheets. Even the pool looked inviting and it was quite private from the road. Laura and Tony's for breakfast right on the property is amazing. I'm a fan of quality B motels, and this one was perfect.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Francie W
Dear Francie,

Thank you for staying at the Blue Dolphin Inn on your recent trip to Cape Cod. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our courtyard, pool, and Laura and Toný's Kitchen.

We greatly appreciate your comments regarding your room, as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. We have brand new mattress, bedding, duvets, and carpet in all rooms.

On your next visit to Cape Cod, I invite you to take a look at our early bird special on our package/promotions page. One of our main goals is to provide the best value possible for our guest, and we have many special packages. These offers include $14 breakfast voucher at Laura and Tony's, $16 dinner voucher at local restaurants, 15%off for staying 7 or more nights, and more.

Thank you again for staying at the Blue Dolphin Inn and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards
Minnie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod
Viking Shores Motor Inn
Viking Shores Motor Inn
#6 of 9 in Eastham
4.0 of 5 stars 82 reviews

Been to Blue Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!