“Delightful place to stay!”
Review of Blue Dolphin Inn

Blue Dolphin Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My husband and I had not been to the Blue Dolphin in several years and were so impressed with the many improvements we found since our last stay. The grounds look beautiful, the pool has been redone, the rooms have been updated, and the management and staff are friendlier and more helpful than ever. A delightful spot with all the flavor of old Cape Cod. Love it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank massvacation

Reviewed October 19, 2010

I booked this inn for a weekend in October. We we not in the room much at all so that was a blessing but there was no hot water!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When we finally did get hot water; "wait 30 min", it was only enough for one shower( thank goodness I went first!). The bathroom door also did not shut. Less important but worth noting is that there was only one free outlet in the main room, the others were in the bathroom->weird and inconvenient for two hi-tech people. I think for probably the same price you could book a cutesy B and B in P-town with a lil research...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Compared with the other (more expensive) hotels and Inns on Cape Cod, Blue Dolphin offers big and clean rooms for a very reasonable price !!!
Don't expect luxury, the bathroom is not that big, but definitely spacious enough for short stay.
The "double" beds were rather small, but comfortable!

I definitely recommand this Inn if you want to explore Cape Cod for a couple of days and not want to spend too much money.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2010

This was our first stay at the Blue Dolphin even though I have been vacationing on the Cape for 30 years. I am familiar with the Eastham area and we wanted to try a reasonably priced motel for the family. We decided on the dinner package and it was a great deal. We found the rooms to be clean, the pool was super clean and the grounds were nice. Great access to bike trail and our kids loved the swing set. We had a small issue with our screen door and when we reported this to the staff, the matter was taken care of promptly. We were right next to Tony and Laura's which has the best breakfast buffet on the Cape. Great for a weekend away. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NoneEastCoast
Reviewed June 6, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at the Blue Dolphine Inn in Eastham, Cape Cod, MA several times over the years and we keep going back. I just like staying there, it reminds me of my childhood somehow and I always feel so relaxed and peacefull when we stay there. At the end of the day being on the beach or taking a ferry over to Nantucket or the Vineyard or exploring all the towns and shops and going on whale watches, it is the best place to come back to put your feet up to unwind. Plus Laura and Tony's next door fresh squeezed OJ and goat cheese quishe and mimosa's OMG ! That is absolutely the best breakfast buffet on the Cape!! If you and your husband or family are looking for old world charm with modern amenities this is the place for you. I cannot say enough about this motel. Eileen & Jason Austin Clifton Park, NY We will be staying at the Blue Dolphin Inn Labor Day weekend 2010.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Silverwolf1995
Reviewed August 28, 2009

This was our third time staying at the Blue Dolphin Inn. The staff was friendly and extremely attentive; fresh towels in pool area, timely fixing of wireless internet issues, fresh coffee every morning at front desk, supplied beach toys for my kids. We made use of all the ammenities: pool, shuffleboard, playscape, horseshoes, and found all to be well maintained. Our rooms were made up daily and fresh towels provided. We had a much different experience than the reviewer who wrote "Dirty, dirty, dirty". The Blue Dolphin is a clean, family friendly, Cape Cod style motel. We love coming here because of it's close proximity to the National seashore beaches, the bike trail and for their reasonable cost for what they deliver. We are planning on returning in 2010.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mizmof
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I totally disagree with the person who wrote the "dirty, dirty, dirty" review. My family and I just spent 4 days in the family suite at the Blue Dolphin and it was spotless!! They cleaned the suite every day without fail and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. We are repeat visitors to this motel and have always found the cleaning staff and front desk staff to be fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod
#2 of 4 in Wellfleet
Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center
Viking Shores Motor Inn
Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod

Been to Blue Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!