“Great service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Stewart's Restaurant & Tavern Seafood
Ranked #11 of 28 Restaurants in Eastham
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Galway, Ireland
“Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

After arriving late in the evening at Stewart's after having left a different restaurant when it became clear the waitstaff there had no interest in providing service, it was a relief to walk into Stewart's and immediately be greeted by the hostess, then immediately provided a table. Admittedly, it was well after the dinner rush, but some of the local restaurants don't seem to have any correlation between emptiness of their dining room and rapidity of seating of diners.

The service at Stewart's was excellent. In fact, it was so good that our waiter was thrown off slightly when he introduced himself, asked us if we wanted drinks, and then realized that the hostess had already attended to the matter! Our waiter was friendly, and was happy to answer questions about menu items, and managed to be attentive to our table without being hover-y.

Food came fairly quickly. I had the clam roll, which was alright, and the clam chowder, which was quite good, while my boyfriend ordered the half rack of ribs, which he enjoyed.

Honestly, my only disappointment was when someone switched the TV from an NFL pre-season game to some shrieking news channel instead. I would dine here again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Stamford CT
“Decent Fried Beach Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

All in all, not so bad for Cape Cod restaurants, not usually very good at the peak of summer. The seven of us had a fried fish sandwich, a fried soft-shell crab sandwich, a fried whole clam roll, fried chicken fingers, a chicken Caesar sandwich (coward!), and some Cape Cod beer.
It was quite pleasant eating out there as the endless traffic crept by (don't they ever turn the Cape off?)
Still, a lot, lot better than horrible and out-of-control Provincetown....

Visited August 2012
Schenectady, New York
“Average food, okay atmosphere, terrible people”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I went here for dinner in August 2012 with some family and friends. We had never eaten here before, but a local recommended it as something between Arnold's and Moby Dick's. After a short wait, we were seated at a windows table/booth with the sun glaring in our eyes. The waitress came over, and seemed quite impatient and rather incompetent. She became upset waiting for us to decide our orders and simply left. After returning, she took our orders, and the food came after about 20 minutes. The food was okay, but varied tremendously depending on the dish. Someone's shrimp scampi was flavorless while my overpriced soft shell crab sandwich was not bad. The "french fries," really chips, were either overcooked or undercooked. Up to this point, the restaurant had a rating of 3 stars. The owner's wife came to our table to make sure everything was okay. However, as we were leaving, the owner, who works in the kitchen, began to insult an employee openly into the kitchen microphone. He called the waitress worthless and told her she has a job to do. I will never return because of the owner's rude and completely inappropriate behavior. What a shame!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mrtraveler1305
Stratford, Connecticut
“Great Cod Picatta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We recently went to the old Lobster Pool, now Stewart's. We wanted to try the new menu and check out the place. I ordered the Cod Picatta and I thought it was delicious. My husband really liked the whole belly clams and the bread. Next time we'll try some of the Greek specialties because the owner's wife is Greek--had a nice conversation with her.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
“Nice evening and a good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

They have all the staples of a cape cod restaurant, a variety of broiled and fried seafood, with some interesting additions as well.. My wife really enjoyed the udon appetizer. Food-wise, I ordered the fisherman's platter and it was definitely tasty, but not exceptionally so. It could have been seafood overload on my part, but I didn't think anything was superior to any of the other restaurants we stopped at.

It does have a great outdoor seating area with interesting lighting that delighted the kids. Our server (Julie I believe) was great. We had a large party and a number of special requests that she handled flawlessly and cheerfully.

They also had a decent selection of local beers on tap and in bottles which I really appreciated and even had a few proseccos one the menu which was quite a surprise.

While I'd certainly be happy to go back and drink under the lights on the patio i don't know that I'd bother with dinner again, though after reading the other reviews I wish I had tried the chowder!

Visited August 2012