“Perfect Beach Cottage in a Perfect Location”

Review of 20 Gile Road 19047

Half Bath between 2 bedrooms
Outside Shower
View back to house from top of Bay Stairs
Stairs to the Bay
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Mary M
Houston
“Perfect Beach Cottage in a Perfect Location”
Reviewed April 9, 2016 for a stay in September 2015

I've vacationed at this cottage for 3 years in a row, and I'll be back this summer. I love this cottage so much that I've hesitated writing a review because I don't want the competition.

The cottage is right on the bay with a large deck. I travel with two other women, and we love to sit outside and read, go for walks at low tide, and float in tubes at high tide. The deck is large and perfect for sipping wine and watching sunsets. We love the house and view so much that we usually have to make ourselves leave the house and visit other parts of the Cape before our vacation ends.

The kitchen is well stocked with cooking utensils, dishes and glasses. Mac's Seafood in Eastham is close by to pick up fresh seafood to cook on the gas grill. I love that paper towels, TP, cleaning supplies, coffee filters, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and oil are already supplied and the owners ask that you replace things for the next guests. It makes settling in on the first day so much easier. It doesn't have a bathtub if that's important to you. The walk-in shower is very nice. The beds are very comfortable. There are written instructions on how to use the TV, wi-fi, cable, washer and dryer. The electrical switches are labeled so you don't have to mess around trying to find what switch works which light. Cape Cod vacation rentals usually require that you brings your own sheets and towels, and 20 Gile Rd. is no different. I fly in from out of state, so I usually rent linens for the week.

The house was very thoughtfully updated a few years ago, so it is a very comfortable place to stay. The house design takes full advantage of the location and view. If I ever win the lottery, I plan on buying this house. In the meantime, I will continue to vacation here every year as long as the owners let me.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view. The home has large windows so you can enjoy the view from inside.
Liked least: Cape Cod rentals usually require you to bring linens, which is a bit quirky.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
bostonmom...
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect location! Amazing house! Everything we needed for a fantastic trip!”
Reviewed July 20, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We took a group vacation with my family and my brother's family (total of 4 adults and 4 children ranging in age from 3 to 9) and this property was perfect!! Amazing views of the bay from inside, and from the deck. Steps right next to the fence leading down to the beach (or water at high tide). All the amenities included--fully stocked kitchen, A/C, Wi/Fi, TV/DVD, magazines, even sand toys and beach chairs! The outdoor shower was incredible--and really necessary! Quick drive to stores, restaurants and mini-golf, but totally away from it all once you get to the house.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
MA
Reviewed September 27, 2010 for a stay in August 2010
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing