“Good Experience”
Review of Town Crier Motel

Town Crier Motel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The Town Crier is a great place to stay as a central base for touring the Cape. The small town is friendly with at least one great restaurant (Karoo's). I had never stayed at the Town Crier until my visit in October. My room was comfortable and clean, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable with a good reading lamp, which is important to me. Although the motel was fully occupied, it was quiet every night even with the windows open. The staff was always helpful and friendly, and the coffee and breakfast in the dining room was delicious. On one of the nights I was there, the owner hosted an "end of season" private party for friends and townspeople. I appreciated the generous invitation to motel guests to join the party, including some great food. I liked the place and the people, and I will definitely try to stay here again.

Room Tip: No tips from this trip, as this was my first visit.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SSta567

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had never visited Cape Cod before and friends recommended this place. I stayed two nights in late October. The room was very clean, the bed very comfortable, the plumbing is older but no problems. The dining room is inviting with a small-town restaurant feel. The central location was good for touring the Cape, and the area seemed very safe. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the proprietor was especially attentive and had a great sense of humor. For the value, this place is a great deal! I hope to get back to the Cape next year, and I will absolutely try to stay here again. I didn't use the swimming pool.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RMc145
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The place is very clean. The food for the buffet was very good . The only issue is the beds. The sleep was very hard on the back. Myself and my other half both were very unhappy with bad backs. This was our second stay. We really thought perhaps the beds would be more comfortable. Other than that it is a wonderful place to go we had a fun time and enjoyed the people at the hotel.

Room Tip: The pool is a wonderful pool. Very surprised more were not using it. Clean and warm. Room on the end...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I read the reviews on Tripadvisor before booking a Living Social deal at The Town Crier and felt comfortable that I was making a good decision. In fact, my experience was pretty awful. My room had no hot water and was tired and in need of repairs and updating. We had no maid service for the entire weekend and were unfortunately located next to a large and rowdy men's hockey group that partied until late in the p.m. and started in again every morning at 6 a.m.in the parking lot. The rest of the Living Social deal was terrific! Town Crier Motel? Not so much.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank margaret529
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I are very familiar with the entire Cap Cod area. We have stayed at the Town Crier several times in the past. NO MORE. The room we were assigned had, upon inspection, no locks on the windows. This wasn't the case in the past but it seems it is standard now. When I went to the office to complain I was greeted by a lady and gentleman. They didn't identify themselves. When I explained the window lock problem, the first words out of the gentleman's mouth were "And that doesn't work for you?" What a welcome. I wondered at the time how secure his quarters were. Again, we won't be back...ever.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RobbRobson
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I bought a Living Social deal where I got 2 nights, 2 days of buffet breakfast, a free day of bike rentals, and a lobster dinner for my girlfriend and I. I was worried that because I got a discount price I would be treated second class. But that was not the case. The workers and owners were very nice and helpful. They had all the coupons ready for me when I arrived and gave me directions to all the locations. The rooms were clean, the staff was nice, I'm glad we came here, and I'm sure we'll go back. Good food, close to so many stores and beaches.

Things that weren't so good. (Nothing bad, but just a few things to let people know)
* Bathrooms are outdated
* Pool closes early (8PM I think)
* Figuring out how to lock the door took a minute or two.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I recently stayed at the Town Crier Motel in Eastham, MA on Route 6. I just wanted to write about the wonderful experience I had there. The Cannons (hotel owners) went out of their way to ensure that my stay was a pleasant one. Our room was a good size, clean, and comfortable. The hotel grounds are lovely with an expanse of beautiful landscaped areas of grass, trees, and flowers as well as having outdoor furniture on the front lawn which was nice to use. The property also has a great indoor pool and breakfast restaurant which I took full advantage of. The Cape Cod Bike Trail is right there for walking or biking and the motel is centrally located to all of Eastham's Atlantic and Bay beaches, the Cape Cod National Seashore, and Audubon Wild Life Refuge. I would highly recommend this motel and will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: As there is a lot of frontage from the rooms to the Route 6 area at the front, I found my room and t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank NotAWallflower
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod
#5 of 9 in Eastham
Cove Motel
Cove Motel
#2 of 8 in Orleans

Been to Town Crier Motel? Share your experiences!