“the absolutely best staff anywhere”

Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York, New York
“the absolutely best staff anywhere”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I've been coming here for a yearly conference for almost 15 years. There have been considerable renovations to the hotel and it is now extremely comfortable and convenient for a conference or for a leisure stay. I've read comments that complain that it is somewhat expensive, but I think you've got to remember that it is located in one of the most glorious and desirable vacation spots in the world and that such a location is going to be more expensive. I think for being close to incomparable beaches and indescribably beautiful scenery, it is really a bargain. But what I would like to point out is that the staff here is without a doubt the best in the business. Friendly, helpful, extremely competent. Although I could mention each staff member by name, I'd like to give thanks especially to Kathy K. for her unfailing good humor and helpfulness. I would recommend this hotel for many many reasons, but the staff may be the number one reason. Go and see what I mean.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
jacqui_frost, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, August 26, 2010
Thank you for your continuing loyalty over the past 15 years! We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff members in every department, and we will absolutely thank Kathy for her outstanding service. Hope to see you next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Chicago
Reviewed August 15, 2010

My wife, 12yo daughter, and I stayed five nights during a vacation on the Cape. It's pretty centrally located, and I had some Starwood points to burn off.

On the plus side, the rooms are oversized and the two pools (one indoor, one outdoor) were a real hit with our daughter. The beds were comfortable enough.

There were a lot of negatives, however. The carpeting throughout the guest room areas (corridors, entry ways, and the room itself) was worn and stained. Public spaces needed paint. The wireless Internet didn't work in our section of the hotel (I had a 4G cellphone I could tether so I just used that, but it would have been a support call, at a minimum, if I hadn't). The breakfast was terrible and overpriced. Housekeeping was erratic and the rooms weren't very clean. Our shower stall had a crack running down the middle, and our thermostat and/or AC wasn't working correctly (had to set at minimum temp of 60 to get it to about 72/73 at night). At the price I was paying I couldn't complain, but if I'd been paying the $250 or so per night they were asking of paying guests, I'd be pretty upset.

Rooms are in two large 2-story buildings that run backwards from the main building, and these buildings are connected by the indoor pool atrium. Half the rooms face the pool (those on the first floor have patio doors); the other half face the parking lot. We asked for an outside-facing room and were happy with that choice.

I'd planned to do a lot of bicycling, and was glad to see it was near the Cape Cod Rail Trail (22 mi. bike trail). But the hote's claim that it's "on" the trail is a stretch. There's an elegant archway with a nice sign and a gravel path off the parking lot in the rear, so I thought "great, it's right here." But the path quickly turns to sand (unridable), then ends at a chain link fence, with no indication which of a few different paths to take along the fence. With about 15 minutes of experimentation (less if you're lucky) the Rail Trail is findable, but don't count on signage, and the trail is hard to follow and difficult or impossible to ride. It's still the best way to get to the trail during busy peak-season traffic times, but count on 5-7 minutes through the woods, walking your bike a good part of the way. If traffic is light on route 6, that is perhaps a better option; go north or south to the next intersection, head east, and you'll hit the trail quickly.

All in all this hotel doesn't meet my expectation of the Sheraton name. I realize it's a Four Points - their downscale brand - but I'd still expect it to be better run than this one.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank techot
jacqui_frost, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I apologize for the maintenance issues you encountered during your stay. Just so you know, we are constantly updating the hotel and the hallways are scheduled for work in the fall with new carpet and wall covering. I hope that overall, you enjoyed your visit to Cape Cod and would consider staying with us in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Eastham hotels

Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 13, 2010

When I travel, I DON'T look for luxury: I don't care about concierge service, I don't need someone waiting on me constantly, I don't care if there's a gym or a spa or a salon, I don't care if there's complimentary shuttle service, room service, I don't care if the furniture is old or if the furnihing are outdated. I didn't care about the loud air conditioning, I don't demand fine dining options. I don't demand a room in any particular location, I don't care if I get a newspaper outside my door or candy on my pillow. My needs are few. What I want - DEMAND- in my accomodations is very simple: CLEANLINESS. This place left much to be desired in that area: The 1st full day we were there (out of 5 nights), we went swimming in the inside pool & there was long human hair and phlegm floating in it, spat phlegm on the edge of the pool and bandaids and dirty towels strewn around the perimeter. The water had visible whitish gunk and dirt floating in it. We immediately got out and went back to the room to shower; the room hadn't been cleaned and we had no clean towels. I found a woman cleaning down the hall & was told that not only did they have no clean towels (the laundry was backed up) but our room wouldn't be cleaned for another 2 hours (3:30 pm) because 2 people had not come to work that day. I was pretty upset & considered checking out. I did contact the manager about the pool, she apologized & promised to remedy the situation. However, the rest of the week our room wasn't vacuumed (there was someone's toenail clipping next to the easy chairs from the time we checked in on Sunday, until Friday morning (I wasn't touching it!), the mirror next to the door & glass lamp were never wiped, the tub had mildew around the caulking & the toilet had black mildew stains under the rim (which FASCINATED my 4 year old every time he flushed!), and the carpet was just sort of perma-yucky...pilly and worn. Our room hadn't been cleaned the 2nd afternoon & a young lady working in the hotel asked the cleaning staff to please clean it so they did right away while we left & went to the outside pool (but aren't hotel rooms cleaned every day, usually without reminders?) There wre cobwebs/dustballs in the ceiling corner near the door. The outside pool was cleaner, but still had a dirt ring around the edge & dirty cups & wet napkins were often left laying around. I used points for the room and my son was expecting to spend time at the beach, otherwise I probably would have checked out and gone home. I felt bad for the cleaning staff as there never seemed to be enough of them. The staff was nice, everyone was kind to my son & the location very convenient, but it was just such a disappointment to come back to our room every evening. At least the bedding appeared clean & was comfortable, and they served Seattle's Best coffee, which I love. My on had dessert in the restaurant & he liked that, the wait staff was friendly too. I do a lot of meeting planning & often work with this company's other brand properties & have always been really happy with their quality. I wasn't expecting the Ritz, but I've stayed at much more modest places with far better cleanliness standards. This place needs some attention. I read these reviews before I took the trip & most of the recent reviews were good, so it's disappointing that my experience was so different. See my similar review on Yelp (where you can also ssee from my other reviews that I'm a pretty easy customer!)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank CherylT01701
Thank you for your review. We are always striving to improve the quality of service we provide to our guests, and your feedback does help! I'm very sorry about the cleanliness issues you experienced and I would like to assure you that those type of issues are the exception, not the rule. However, it's wonderful to hear of your great experience in our on-site restaurant, and we hope you would consider returning in the future!
Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 13, 2010

MY husband and I stayed for the first time at the Four Points Sheraton for our nephews wedding on the incredibly busy July 30 & 31st weekend. I have to say, it couldn't have been better, right down to calling housekeeping for 2 more pillows (a must for me at any hotel) delivered with a smile in less than 5 minutes. Really enjoyed the secluded & quiet pool. One outstanding incident I must mention, we decided to hit the Wellfleet Flea Market (right down the street), and were starving & in need of breakfast and walked into the restaurant ...Alas, breakfast at the Four Points shuts off at 10:30, and we arrived 5 minutes late...not only did they stay open for us, the chef made me 2 eggs "over easy" as a special order & kept the buffet open, just for the 4 of us!! FIVE STARS in my book, customer satisfaction at its best!! Thank you for a very enjoyable weekend!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your nephew's wedding! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. It is our goal to provide honest, uncomplicated comfort to every person who walks through our doors, and it seems we definitely met our goal with you! I sincerely hope that you will return to our hotel in the future, and I thank you for the glowing review!
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We could only get away for one night, but even after driving for just over 2 hours to get to the Four Points, Eastham, we were delightfully surprised at how nice the hotel was. The front desk attendant treated us like VIPs, and the few other staff that we encountered stopped to greet us in a very friendly way. Three pools to choose from...one inside, two outside, but we ended up visiting the Coast Guard Beach nearby`. A huge bonus for us though was after going to the beach all day, we were allowed to return to the hotel, shower & put on clean clothes for the ride home. Thank you for that.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
I'm so glad that you enjoyed staying with us so much! Thank you for your wonderful compliments, and we hope to see you again soon!
CT
Reviewed August 10, 2010

The location of the Four Points on the cape can not be beat! Really close to many great beaches and tons of great restaurants. My kids loved the heated indoor pool - it is really warm! We had to drag them out of it every day! OK - us too! We have stayed here several times and requested a certain area of rooms. They were all booked when we got there but the front desk staff apologized and made sure we were able to change the next morning - thank you! We also wanted my father to come on the weekend using SPG points and Fred at the front desk went way out of his way to help us secure the last room for the weekend. Thank you Fred!

The hotel was totally booked and the staff still worked very hard to accommodate everyone the best that they could. Even when it was booked, it did not feel overcrowded. The restaurant staff also was wonderful about serving us take-out by the pool one evening. We were very pleased with the service here!

My reasons for not giving it a fifth star are: The rooms off the pool area are a little musty smelling. The hot tub and pool area could be cleaned a little more frequently - but again it was very busy when we were there. No elevator is a minus for the second floor rooms. Air conditioners are loud and the pillows are very squishy. All that being said I will stay here again. It is a great place to stay!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
It sounds like you had a great time on Cape Cod! Thank you so much for your kind words. It is always wonderful to hear from another happy guest. However, I am very sorry to hear about the maintenance issues that you encountered during your stay, and every review helps us to improve. Again, thank you, and we hope you would consider returning in the future.
New York
Reviewed August 9, 2010

My husband, teenage sons and myself were looking to use starpoints for a short getaway. My mom also came and paid for a separate room. We requested adjoining rooms at the time of booking and asked several times after that but they could not guarantee it. What we learned is starpoint rooms are different from pay rooms and do not connect to other rooms. Taking a connecting room would have been a downgrade for us. So we settled for rooms across the hall from each other. The starwood room was nicer and larger. It had 2 queen beds. It did not have a balcony but a view of the parking lot and we could see the outdoor pool. The room was light and airy. The only complaint we had was the shower did have some mold in it but otherwise the room was very nice. The pay room had 2 double beds, was smaller and had a balcony overlooking the indoor pool. This was disappointing because we could not sit outside and the weather was glorious. The balcony was a waste also because the air conditioner unit stuck out of the room there and was very noisy and emitted heat making sitting there unbearable. The room was not as bright and the furniture where the refrigerator was kept was quite scratched up. Speaking of air conditioner, I think they need to relook at them as they turn on and off to maintain a certain temperature but when on it was quite noisy making a good night sleep difficult. After the second night I complained and was told someone would look at it. I don't know if they did. My mom thought the unit was a little quieter but still too loud for a good sleep. In addition, the noise from people swimming in the pool was loud and went on until about 11pm. The hotel did have many conveniences, however. There was a restaurant on site, internet room and exercise room, indoor and outdoor pools. The staff was very helpful. There is a bike path that begins at the hotel as well as many bike paths throughout the cape and a bike room to lock your bikes in. I definitely recommend bringing bikes. Coast Guard beach is a few minutes up the road and is absolutely beautiful. A car is absolutely necessary to go anywhere. Provincetown is about 20-30 minutes away and worth the trip. Be aware it is crowded in the summer and parking is limited but lots of shopping. Overall I thought this Sheraton had a motel feel. I would recommend it but next time I will look for a place on the beach or with outdoor access such as outside balcony or outside sitting area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank traveltrics
jacqui_frost, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. It sounds like you had a nice vacation and managed to experience some great Cape Cod attractions. I agree that the heat coming out of the ac units can make the patio and atrium area uncomfortably warm at times during our summer season and some hotel ac units can be somewhat noisy. I apologize for that. I hope that you decide to return. It is a nice benefit to come during our peak season using points and although we are not on the beach, it is just a short drive away. Thank you again for your business!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Blue Water on the Ocean
Blue Water on the Ocean
#5 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Courtyard Cape Cod Hyannis
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod? Share your experiences!