“Great Base Camp for Day Trips” 4 of 5 bubbles

Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Base Camp for Day Trips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

My huband, our 9 month old baby girl, and I stayed at the Four Points Eastham the last week of July, 2009. The hotel itself is old, but it has been renovated and maintained and is kept very clean. It's not a luxury resort by any means, but it is a clean, affordable place to stay during a family vacation.

Room Overview
We used SPG points for our 5 night stay and had a king room with a pull out couch and a roll away crib. It was a pool side room. The major pros of the room are: cleanliness, comfy bed and linens, and flat screen tvs. My only major complaint is that the pool is loud and if you have an infant that goes to bed early, note the pool doesn't close until 10pm and guests usually stay in after that time and even small noises are magnified. That said, during the day it was nice to be poolside! The bathroom is small, but it was clean and was always restocked with plenty of towels. Don't expect a luxurious bathroom! It was clean and served its purpose!

Hotel Amenities
-The hotel restaurant is pretty good. We at there 2 nights and they were very accomodating to our little one. The nightly specials were always very good and very fresh.
-There is a business center with a few computers. It was almost always busy though!
-The indoor pool is nice and has skylights above it, so it is very bright during the day.
-We did not visit the outdoor pool, so I don't feel comfortable reviewing it.
-We ate at the breakfast buffet everyday because it was free to platinum spg members... while it was good, I'm not sure I would have paid much more than $12 for it. I don't know how much it actually cost.

Location on Cape
The hotel is near many places, if you drive. This is not like many other towns along the cape that are very walkable. You have to get in the car to go anywhere. But, the upside is that Eastham is centrally located, so it is easy to drive up or down the cape. We explored new cities every day and had a wonderful time. It was nice to know that our hotel was never more than 30 minutes way. It is also very close to Coast Guard Beach, which is arguably the most popular and busy beach on the Cape.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Windy_City_Traveler9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

Spent the holiday weekend on Cape Cod and stayed one night at this hotel. The Caoe is noted for B&B's and high end independent hotels. This was the only national brand option in outer Cape that could be found.

On an early check in, staff was very friendly and curteous and gave me room key right away.
It's an older, motel-style set up where you drive around the exterior to your room (like many hotels on the Cape).
The public spaces were very plain....lobby, hallways, etc., and in need of updating. The room, however, was a pleasant surprise. It was more recently updated than the rest of the hotel. Rather plain/neutral decor, but newer, clean and in good condition....and very large for a non-suite hotel room. Two VERY comfortable beds, sitting area, flat screen TV, etc.
The TV reception wasn't working well. After calling reception, the maintenance man came and repaired the problem within 10 minutes! Great service...friendly and courteous, too.
The hotel had a restaurant and indoor pool which we didn't use. The pool looked nice and like it would be a great amenity to enjoy October through March when it's cold up there. (Actually, if I lived up there...I'd consider booking a night just to use it).
Overall, a nicer-than-expected road side hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for our family's cape cod vacation (around National seashore and Provincetown). It is located at a very convienient location if your focus is around the national seashore, its hiking trails, and its beaches (www.nps.gov/caco). Other reviewers complained about the noises in rooms facing the pool, but we found that to be a non-problem. I guess since our kids swam in the pool after dinner too. I Anyway, if you turn on the TV or the AC, you can't really hear any noise. Having the AC is on also helped get rid of the humid air. do suggest you get a 2nd level room, since you can hang stuff at the balony for dry. I found the place as a 3 star hotel matches our expectation. Our price from priceline also made this a great value. Rather than risking on other motels around here, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
North Reading, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

While the hotel itself is not bad, the service is what constantly falls short with this hotel. I called early one morning (7:30 a.m.) to make a reservation for September and the front desk said, "Your call is important to me, but we are currently busy. Can you call back later?" So I attempted a call to make that same reservation during my lunch break, around 1 p.m. Again, I got the same "Your call is important to me, but we are currently busy. Can you call back?" I told them I was told to do that when I called first thing this morning and now I'm getting a little irritated. They said, "OK, let me try transferring your call to my manager," then the predictable response "Well, um, her line's busy." OK? What now? A second attempt to transfer the call to the manager, and I was able to book my reservation. It literally took the manager less than 2 minutes to book the reservation. Why couldn't that have all taken place at 7:30 a.m. that morning - I don't get it. I presume it was because I had a voucher for a free night's stay due to my dissatisfaction with my family's last stay in June (loud party kept us up at all hours of the night; front desk couldn't control them) and so I wasn't a top priority guest. Still, 3 calls to make a simple reservation? Give me a break! After the use of our gift certificate, we won't be staying here again - definitely not worth the money and not the high-quality experience you'd expect for a vacation on the Cape.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank JoannBanana

Travelers are raving about these Eastham hotels

Bethesda, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2009

This Four Points has been upgraded in the years since we last stayed. The rooms are a decent size and clean. My only real issue: there is no in-room safe, which I wanted to use for my laptop, and the front desk refused to keep it in their secure boxes as it was "too big". Their suggestion - take it to the local bank! This is a real issue for anyone who wants to secure their laptop. I feel the hotel should take this issue seriously. My advice: if you are bringing a laptop to the Cape, you might want to stay somewhere else that provides an in-room safe.
All that said, The WiFi worked well and was free.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank SimonPBethesda_MD
MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

We used spg points for this hotel, which was booking for almost $400 with taxes. It isn't worth half of that. The bathroom was dirty and sheets were rough. Staff was nice. Room was pretty large.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank beachtherapy1
massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

This was our third or fourth stay at the Four Points. The location is great, esp. if you want to go to the outer Cape beaches and/or use the bike path. It was very helpful to use their bike room. Our room was very nice and spacious and having a refrigerator was great. The staff members were friendly and helpful.

A few downsides:
1. Having an inner room means you can't tell what the weather is like outside.
2 . There's a lot of pool noise beginning at 8:00 a.m. But we found that if you put the fan on it blocks out the noise.
3. The pillows aren't that comfortable.
4. Getting onto the Internet in the lobby area was hard to figure out.

Despite the aforementioned downsides, I'd stay there again any time. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, opting for the Fairway restaurant just up the road.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank leftwing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Blue Water on the Ocean
Blue Water on the Ocean
#6 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
No photo provided
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod? Share your experiences!