WINNER WONDERLAND

Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Decent stay, some odor issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed at the Four Points Sheraton several times over the past 20+ years, but my stay in September for a wedding was my first in quite awhile. Little has changed over the years, which is good and bad. I chose this hotel because I had enough points for a free two-night stay, rather than pay $500 a night for the resort hotel at which the wedding reception was held.

Check-in was quick and pleasant. It is a two-story property, and as long as you don't need an elevator for luggage or people with mobility issues, you're fine. My room was very large, with two queen beds and a nice bathroom. That stale, musty odor that I recall from previous stays was still there, though five minutes later I got used to it and didn't notice it. I had a great night's sleep in the very comfortable bed, loaded with big, fluffy pillows.

There are indoor and outdoor pools and a small (and therefore busy) but well-equipped fitness room. There was also a wedding at this property that post-Labor Day weekend, so obviously the hotel can handle big events.

The location in Eastham is superb, near several beaches, each of which have steep climbs down to the water because of erosion over the years. There is also a superb informal French cafe, PB Boulangerie & Bistro, a couple of minutes up Route 6 to Lecount Hollow Road in South Wellfleet. Be prepared for a tough time finding a parking space and a bit of a line in the morning, but the delicious croissants and other pastries are worth the wait. Chatham, with its nice shops, and wonderful, funky Provincetown are short rides away.

Obviously, since the rooms were free, I couldn't beat the price, but overall, I will probably be back yet again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Tim M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Eastham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We wanted a party for an in-town committee and on short notice called the 4 Points.
Got a good price and all the arrangements, but what we didn't expect from a hotel was the excellent catering staff. A speedy bar tender...good thing, there were a hundred of us.
And the canapes and hors d'oeuvres were delicious and served frequently by a friendly and efficient staff. Loved those deviled eggs. Nice to have a resource like this right in town. My brother stays there when he's in town and likes the remodeled rooms.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

The suites in this hotel on Cape Cod, only two, are worth every penny. The manager kindly gave me a suite for two nights as platinum spg member for the price of one but I am telling you I would pay for both nights happily. They are REAL two bedroom suites, with a kitchen, living room, and bathroom. The best part is they have these huge balconies that overlook an inside heated pool that is in a large heated room. Plenty of space for larger parties.

Also, everyone was very nice from the waitress to bartender to manager.

The location was only about 15 minutes from Provincetown which is a whole city with an energy you just have to personally experience.

The restaurant was good enough for a hungry dinner. I was looking for lobster and didnt quite find it but the breakfasts were good. Instead, we found our lobster at a local fish house. Local oysters were excellent.

We will be back.

Room Tip: You need to just get the suite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FPEastham, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
One of my favorite things - reading a review from a happy customer! It is such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed meeting our friendly staff and that you were impressed with the large suites. I wish we had more of them! I truly appreciate your review and we certainly hope to see you again!
Warsaw, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am normally one to have no problems with anything- pretty laid back but I wasn't a fan of this Sheraton. My husband and I stay in them quite often bc we have points and this is def the worst one we've been too. Maybe we just had bad luck but the room smelled awful (like someone had been smoking in it) and no I didn't get a new room- we dealt with it. Normally we aren't in our hotel rooms much at all but this was our last night of vacay and we were just exhausted so we stayed in there quite a bit and it just smelled & we even smoke (just not inside). We had porblems with our key not working - got a few different keys and could never get into our room, however the staff was very nice and helpful with it.

The pool area was def the nicest part and when you see that pic you think, wow looks great- the rooms just need updated and it just didn't feel cozy. I think for one night- passing through sure...but I wouldn't wanna stay here again. However the other 3 hotels we stayed in on that vacation were awesome so maybe I'm just comparing it to that, but wasn't 100% pleased.

1 Thank kt012885
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for the odor in your room and the problem you experienced with your keys. Your comfort is a major concern and it sounds like we did not provide that. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool and found the staff to be friendly. Thank you again for your review and I hope you will reconsider and give us a second chance if you are in the area.
Groningen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very central on Cape Cod at Eastham and during our stay not much to complain.
Dinner at Bellamy inside the hotel was not that good, but breakfast was excellent. Rooms are large, very nice large pool, large tv screen and for the money you pay for the room an excellent choice to stay.

1 Thank Henk M
It sure is nice to hear you had such a great visit with us! Thank you for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Considering it is part of the Sheraton chain, we were hoping for something a litte better. The hotel is somewhat dated but clean. First time I've been to a hotel where there is no elevator, which made it challenging for us to lug our suitcases, stroller and little one up the stairs. We noticed some stains on our bedsheets, and the following morning asked for them to be replaced. However, they were just kept on the beds! The pool was nice but kept a little too cool for comfort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cheshire, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight at the Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod - on 10/12/2012. The room was of a decent size - clean and neat. The bathroom had one nice touch: Soap, shampoo, and conditioner from handy wall-mounted dispensers in the shower - no need to uncap, recap containers and try not to drop them. The restaurant served an ok dinner (spareribs, for one) and the breakfast buffet was also good. I wish I had seen one of the recent comments about the facility's layout: A two-store motel, with (therefore) about half the rooms on the second floor. When I checked in, the sprightly man behind the desk cheerily gave us room 201, and indicated on the hotel plan the entrance from the side parking lot we should take. There was no mention that this two story hotel had NO ELEVATORS! None. Nada. Nor did he offer to provide help with our luggage. When a housekeeper saw us struggling with heavy suitcases ( 7 stairs to a landing, another 7 to the second floor, and a heavy door to the hallway), she apparently summoned help. Two men, not in uniform of any kind, appeared and offered to help us. Leaving aside the interesting question of what dithering idiot of an architect or architectural engineer would omit elevators from a two story, otherwise fully equipped motel, as if this were a small bed-and-breakfast in an historic home -- we come to the lack of service help from the hotel management for occupants of a second-floor room. Either warn them of the no elevators fact, offer them a first floor room instead, or at least offer help with luggage. The failure of service cannot be blamed on an architect. For the reputation of the brand, and the price per room in the off-season of Cape Cod, this experience was a big disappointment.

Room Tip: If you must go to Eastham, MA, and if you have member points to spend, by all means demand a first f...
1 Thank Robert C

Travelers are raving about these Eastham hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Eagle Wing Inn
Eagle Wing Inn
#1 of 9 in Eastham
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod? Share your experiences!