“Outstanding Wedding Reception”

Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Our family had the pleasure of having our son's wedding reception at the Sheraton, June 2011. Cindy Ladd, Manager, was wonderful to work with, she went out of her way to make the occasion memorable and stress free! The staff was outstanding, service and food was equally great. I would highly recommend the Sheraton for a function and/or stay. The pool is beautiful and the 2 bedroom suite, overlooking the pool, was a nice place to gather after the wedding with my family.
Thanks to all. K. Tupper

Room Tip: I would recommend renting the suite for a family
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
FPEastham, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Congratulations on your son’s wedding! I agree, Cindy is wonderful to work with and she will be thrilled to read your review of the hotel. We really appreciate your business and thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We hope you will return again someday.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod

Reviewed June 18, 2011

stayed in this hotel while my house was being painted...great stay in winter.....had family stay last week....awful...room not cleaned properly....staff couldn't care less....welcome to the cape in summer

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank alkatcape

On the one hand, I am glad you enjoyed the hotel in the winter. On the other, I am sorry that you had a disappointing stay recently. I hope I can encourage you to return and enjoy a better experience with us! Please feel free to call me directly and I will personally oversee your stay to make sure everything is perfect for you! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for the Cape Cod Wooden Bat tournament. Our room was right on the poolside, which was nice for the kids. Terrible if you planned on sleeping at night. The pool is open all night long, despite what the desk will tell you. Friday night's sleep was interrupted by a party in the pool and belching men in the hall way. That night, my car was keyed in the parking lot outside the room. In broken English, the weekend "manager' i told me that I should call the police. No ownership on the fact that the car was in the hotel parking lot. After spending $450 for the weekend, the fact that they couldn't guarantee the safety on my vehicle was a bit shocking. No apologies either. Said the real manager would call me, as of yet, nothing. Not what I expected of the Sheraton.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank FlyerMa

I am sorry that you had some problems during your recent stay with us. The indoor pool closes at 10 pm, but it sounds like there were some disturbances after closing that interrupted your sleep. Although it was a busy sold out weekend, we are usually successful in quieting our guests down at night so I am sorry that you were disturbed. In regards to your vehicle being keyed, I did send an email to you on June 13th that perhaps you missed. The manager on duty suggested that you call the police to report the vandalism, which is what I would have recommended as well. It would be impossible for us to prevent anyone from keying your car but I am sorry that it happened during your stay with us. I know how frustrating it can be because it happened to me also, in a supermarket parking lot. I can honestly say that in my many years here, I cannot recall this ever happening in the past. I know that probably doesn’t make you feel better but I wanted to reassure that it is generally a safe area. Again, my apologies and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed May 26, 2011

This hotel almost ruined our vacation. Right after we Checked-In I did a quick sweep of the room to make sure it was safe for our young children. I found 3 pills, old food bits, and general garbage under the bed and desk. The bathroom had black mold growing in the shower and a horrible smell. The indoor pool idea was nice, except that the people were loud until well after midnight most nights. The towels were stained, the carpet had a moisture problem, and our refrigerator didn't stay cold enough to keep milk in.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Kell108
FPEastham, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

I wish that I had heard from you sooner so that I could have offered you an apology. As you can imagine, it is really difficult to address the items you mentioned as your stay was almost a year ago – 11 months ago, in July 2010. I can assure you that our housekeeping department is very diligent and our cleanliness scores attest to that. I truly am sorry that you did not have a positive experience with us. Hopefully you will give us another chance if you are ever in our area.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

**The Pool is closed as of 4/23/11 @ 10PM for about 2 weeks for repainting**

This hotel was nice. The pool area was very nice however it was crowded with children all the time. The room was very clean and large. It was nice to be able to enter and exit the hotel through side doors instead of always having to go through the lobby. The location was very close to beaches but a little far from grocery stores, ect. They have free wireless internet and give you the code to access it when you check in. They do not have that many tv channels but you can rent movies. All in all I really liked this hotel and would probably stay here again someday when I travel to the cape again.

The only thing I wish they would do is monitor the pool a little more. I waited and waited for it to clear out a little and when it finally did my husband and I went down and about 15 minutes later all the children came back again which was fine but they were jumping and diving and there are signs that clearly say this isn't allowed but it wasn't enforced and it would have been nice if it was, but like I said all in all I really liked this hotel.

Room Tip: Pool rooms are loud and smell like chlorine
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brepri
FPEastham, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Hello and thank you for your recent stay. I appreciate your feedback. I agree that the pool can sometimes become very crowded with children, especially during winter school breaks! In the warmer months, it is a bit easier with the nearby beaches available and two outdoor pools. At any rate, the pool painting project is complete and the pool is now open. We hope you are able to visit again soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2011

It was a series of unfortunate circumstances. The GOOD....Rooms were nice as were beds comfy,restaurant decent new carpeting throughout..now the UGLY about 9-10 pm my 6 yr old falls asleep and wow its a fire alarm ,front desk said "i guess you should leave the room im not sure ,maybe its the ballroom it happens sometimes ".well we wouldnt take a chance,out we went into an inconvenient situation,sleeping kids in tow and sure enough it was some issue they continue to have with their alarm, but obviously havent rectified.Very inconvenient but we chose safety.Night 2 some kid takes a dump in the pool uggh! all the kids and families were very dissapointed .no swimming the rest of the night.oh well hope if we go back the Ugly doesnt happen again

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
FPEastham, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2011

Thank you for your recent review and please accept my apologies for the unfortunate incidents that occurred during your stay. There was a dance in the Ballroom and the use of a fog machine (although previously tested) caused the smoke alarms to go off. As a result, we will not be allowing this in the future. Thankfully we do not have recurring problems with this and outside of this past weekend, it has been years since this has happened. Our indoor pool is one of our main attractions and we strive to make it accessible and enjoyable to all of our guests. In the event of an “accident” in the pool, it must be out-of-service for a minimum of 6 hours for the required chemical treatments. Naturally, we all wish to avoid such a circumstance but occasionally accidents do happen. We apologize for the inconvenience of having to close the pool early and we will always allow a later check out to make up for it. Again, this is not a common occurrence. I hope that you can forgive us and I really appreciate your understanding. I am glad that you had some nice things to say about the hotel and encourage you to visit us again. I will do everything in my power to make sure your next stay is everything you desire.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

Our group of extended family members and friends meets annually at the Four Points. We are graciously served by the staff, meeting our needs while at the beautiful pool and in the restaurant/ banquet areas. Whether playing games and swimming with family members, shopping, or taking walks on the Cape Cod bike trail adjacent to the hotel, there is plenty to do for group members of all ages. This was our twenty-third consecutive meeting at the Four Points, and we look forward to our twenty-fourth visit.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
FPEastham, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

Wow - 23 consecutive years! We truly appreciate your repeat business and enjoy having your group return year after year. Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel. We look forward to your visit next year!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Blue Water on the Ocean
Blue Water on the Ocean
#7 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Courtyard Cape Cod Hyannis
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod? Share your experiences!