“Wonderful Stay!”
Review of Inn at the Oaks

Inn at the Oaks
Ranked #1 of 11 Eastham B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Even in off season this place was amazing. Kelly greeted us at the door very enthusiastically, and was great to chat to the whole time we were there.

Our room was upstairs at the front and was everything we needed. It has a bathroom right across the hall which is just for the room. The rooms were also very nicely furnished and quiet.

The breakfast offering was great - bagels, bread, muffins, coffee, fruit, yoghurt. It was all there.

The area surrounding the hotel was a little sleepy - there are restaurants nearby, and the staff will help you find them and recommend places. But there wasn't anything right next door, for example. But that added to the magic of the place to us.

The national seashore is all around the area, and with a convenient location right on the route 6, its so easy to find. The lobby is full of leaflets on trails and local information, and they keep cookies and hot coffee in the front room for guests returning from walks / days out.

Overall a great stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband and I went up for the weekend from NY. It's off season right now and about to get busy - but we wanted something relaxing. The Inn is super clean, cozy, and way bigger than we thought! The grounds are nice and it's close to some awesome beaches! Our room was facing the backyard on the second floor and was very clean and cozy. The staff was really nice and told us about where to check out whales. I would very much recommend this Inn to friends and family!

Room Tip: We only stayed in one room, but we peeked in others and they were all beautiful!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This was our first stay at the inn. What a warm welcome we received! We arrived after closing time, but an envelope with our name was on the door, keys and instructions were inside. What a comfort after a long drive. The room was lovely, comfortable, and contained everything we needed for a memorable 2-night stay. Breakfast was a wide assortment of fresh fruit, yogurt, baked goods, and perfect coffee (!) We'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This was my third visit to the inn, and every time I visit it is improved. I stayed in the Lighthouse Suite which had just been renovated. The new King-size bed was so comfortable, and the room was light and clean and spacious. There was a new flat-screen TV. I stayed with my dog and we had a great time. The staff is different from the last time I went and are a great improvement. Very kind and helpful without being intrusive. Also, the room was so clean, which is really important to me. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The lighthouse suite was just renovated and looks great. I also recommend the Henry Beston Suite and...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The first time my husband and I stayed at this B & B it was winter and we wanted a room with a fireplace. We enjoyed this stay and decided to come back again. Well...this time the experience was very unpleasant right from the beginning. Marsha,the manager was aloof this time and far from welcoming. She told us if we wanted a fire we could use the 4 logs in the room, but if we wanted more, we could drive down to the convenience store and buy some wood! This for the Garden Room, which is the size of a postage stamp, with a bathroom and shower designed for the tiniest of humans and is priced with the fireplace in mind. Marsha was avoidant and rude when we tried to understand what was going on. We then asked for the owners number, which she refused to give us. We asked how to reach him other than a number and she again refused to give us information. We left in the winter rain and eventually found somewhere else to stay the next two nights. We could only guess at her rudeness and what we came up with was that it was winter and Marsha didn't want to put out by working.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
innattheoaks, Owner at Inn at the Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2012

Dear Susan, I am very sorry that you had a bad experience at the Inn, but want to assure you that this problem was corrected some time ago. Actually you stayed at the Inn in December 2010 not 2011, and the employee you mentioned was dismissed for cause about a year ago in March 2011.
You are right, her behavior was inexcusable. Ironically, she treated most guests very well, and she continually got rave reviews from most guests. But when I found out about this incident (and a few others not quite so bad), I was very upset and terminated her employment. Since that time we have new staff--Samantha, Dan, and myself--and I think if you read other more recent reviews you will see feedback about our courteous and friendly atmosphere. I can assure you that nothing is as important to us as guest satisfaction, and I hope that you will give us another chance to show you how much things have changed from your last visit. Again, I apologize for this employee's behavior. We would love to get the chance to give you a truly exceptional stay on the Outer Cape. I am confident you will be favorably impressed.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at the Inn at the Oakes...al lovingly restored and beautifully maintained bed and breakfast located in the heart of Eastham, MA. The location is fantastic; near the First Encounter bay beach, bike trail, and National Seashore; but we have gone twice to benefit from their "writer retreats". The ambiance is fantastic...we ensconced ourselves in one of the spacious sitting rooms; this room had big beautiful windows and a fire roaring as we worked on our new book. The Inn has all the little things we needed to support our writing: comfortable chairs or a table...always available water, coffee, tea, fridge, microwave. Writing was a pleasure in such a nice environment. We recommend the Inn at the Oakes for pleasure and for business!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2012

A very nice and convenient place to stay. To begin with the Inn is gorgeous and everything you expect in a B&B Inn. Very comfortable beds and living areas. I was wondering what the heating system would be in an Inn used in the summer alot but it was very comfortable. The same forced air heating also must be nice for the central air conditioning in the summer. Like they admit, weather in Cape Cod can be changable and the Inn provides a nice reading library, sitting areas and board games for everybody. Also they had free wi-fi and a laptop to use. The location can't be better. You are right across from Nauset Rd. and a visitor center at the National seashore. In fact the way to locate this Inn is that it is at the end of the grass traffic island for the National Seashore intersection. Bring a bike and explore the various trails of the park along with the beautiful beaches. Also your halfway between Provincetown and Hyannis and near Chatham which are all places I recommend to go visit. We were there the week between Xmas and New Years and many eateries are closed but we did still find a some open and the food was very good. We went to the Fairway Pub and the Yardarm which are both nearby. We actually had to wait 20 minutes at the Yardarm on a Wednesday night in this winter season so the locals know good food. We went to the Wildgoose Tavern in Chatham for luch which is in another gorgeous Inn in this upscale town. Again very good food. The Cape is very beautiful in the winter time and no crowds and traffic make it a very nice time to go visit. I also saw the owners are pet friendly which is nice but I never smelled any pet odor either. The Inn was very clean.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Beston Room and it was very spacious. It faces the front of the Inn but I never he...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod
Town Crier Motel
Town Crier Motel
#6 of 9 in Eastham

Been to Inn at the Oaks? Share your experiences!