“Great Family Vacation”
Review of Wheel In Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastham
Wheel In Cottages
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Family Vacation”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

My family and I stayed here a couple months back and loved it. It was quiet, clean and peaceful. It made for a truly memorable vacation. There was proximity to a number of picturesque beaches and was able to watch the sun rise over the ocean in the morning with my son (an early riser) and watch it set in the evening over the bay with my daughter. We brought/made lots of food while there, but there was access to quite a few places to eat as well.

The cottages themselves were very well equipped and were just like mini houses. The layout of the cottages was such that we had our privacy and space but could easily visit with family in the other cottages.

Elke was great, very welcoming, accommodating and quite a good conversationalist!

Bill and family, MA

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill F

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My wife, daughter and I just returned from an enjoyable week away at the Wheel In Cottages. The cottage itself was immaculate, and had everything you could think of for an enjoyable week away from home. Elke was like a "mom" making sure we had everything we needed... I initially found Wheel In Cottages on the Internet. and I liked what I saw, not only are the Wheel In Cottages centrally located to many of the Cape's best beaches and the National Seashore, there were many other family fun activities close by like the bike path, the Drive-In movie Theater and the Flea Market, Ice cream, Mini-Golf courses, and many great restaurants.

We look forward to returning to Wheel In Cottages for many years to come.

David, Ellen & Sarah Macone
Milford, CT

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank leemac1
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2011

There is still something special about a Cape Cod vacation. Wheel in Cottages is an ideal place from which to explore the Cape. Cottages are spacious, clean and comfortable. We had everything we needed. Elke is a gracious and welcoming host. We found the cottage to be well-located especially for the needs of our family. Beaches, activities, restaurants and amenities are all nearby. Provincetown is less than half and hour away for those in need of some city life. The Cape Cod National Seashore is still gorgeous, and its beaches are so much fun. It is the classic summer holiday – a day at the beach, followed by some ice cream (or fried clam strips!), and a quiet dinner (as quiet as can be with two kids) in a cottage surrounded by pine trees. Kind of hard to beat!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank IanRoberge
Hillsdale, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Simply the best! The Wheel In Cottages have it all, as far as we're concerned! Elke's loving attention is evident in everything: The beautifully maintained, very clean cottages with super well-equipped kitchens, comfortable furniture, quiet, peaceful surroundings, and abundant natural beauty were just what we were looking for for our early October getaway. Her care and concern for our well-being and comfort during our stay were wonderful, and she really went above and beyond to be sure that we had everything we needed. Her recommendations for restaurants couldn't be beat, and we enjoyed the proximity to the bike path (just a short walk through the woods), the National Seashore, and other local attractions. We are already planning our return visit!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MargoP
Florida
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I had gone to my favorite and reliable tripadvisor.com to try to find something perfect for a weekend get-away and came across Wheel-in Cottages. It did sound ideal and when I called the owner, Elke, she told me that she had a weekend cancellation and to come down. It was very short notice and she normally books WAY in advance. I can honestly say I lucked out. The reviews were right on and it was above my expectations. It helped that the weather was gorgeous and it was end of the summer so not huge crowds. We stayed in cabin 1 which was lovely; so clean and well appointed and charming. There were sheets and towels provided but I believe it is only offered for weekend guests and not weekly or longer rentals.

We had breakfast sitting outside on the picnic table, dinner at some local places recommended by Elke; I got my morning run along the bike path which connects to the property and the highlite for us was a lot of biking. This is the PERFECT location for biking. We did the rail trail which is what I also ran on. But my favorite was the trails in Provincetown which go througout the dunes and beaches and are absolutely spectacular. There is also a trail to coast guard beach which is lovely.

It was romantic and peaceful. We certainly hope to get back again and hopefully longer next time. This could not have been a better spot right on route 6 yet secluded and very pretty and private. I hesitate to put another great review out there....knowing it will just make it harder to book next time! But Elke deserves the great publicity. She cerainly made it special for us!

-Dana and Greg/NH

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dana F
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Prior to settling in at cottage number one at Wheel In Cottages, our family had marked the time of summer with several other vacations on the Cape. We stayed in a variety of spots in Hyannis, Chatham, and Eastham. But we had never been ‘regulars’ anywhere.

I suppose that the simple, yet carefully painted, brick red and gold trimmed signpost that welcomes visitors along a smooth stretch of Route 6 on the way toward Wellfleet is a shingle that can be passed by in a flash when not focused. Thankfully, word of mouth from family and regulars before us guided us to these charmed three acres.

Thoughtfully nestled among a mix of whispering trees, the cottages themselves are just the beginning of a great location. Beautiful ocean beaches, stunning bayside shores, fresh and salt water ponds are all just minutes away.

We have enjoyed peacefully floating in ponds, jumping off docks, canoe rides, fishing and catching the tail end of a big wave on a boogie board. We have benefited from the serenity of kite flying at sunset and low tide. And we love the proximity to mini-golf, gift shops, local potters and P-Town.

On occasion though, I have had to forego tranquility by jogging to Orleans in hopes of burning off the ample calories dished out in search of the best of the best in homemade ice cream and lobster rolls. Or, if not up to running off the bulk, the great Cape Cod bike path and trails that gently touch the properties rear border is a magnificent asset as well. Just ask the proprietor, who is a passionate cyclist herself.

We all adore the flowers, our seven year old daydreams about his room (equipped with awaiting miniature stuffed lion), and our now grown-up daughter relishes that she figured out how to beat me in Canasta here. I am thankful for a large closet to store my golf bag. Yes, we all are glad to have slowed down our car and our pace of life for the seventh time as we pulled in to unpack again this year.

And topping our list, we know that beyond being able to appreciate the value of an outdoor shower in beach country, there is a host who genuinely cares about the lives and well being of her patrons. Whether arriving or departing, we will always and affectionately look up at the road sign out front and read it together as: ‘Elke’s House’.

Chris and Marilyn
New York

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank chrisnyv
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Our family of four spent a relaxing week in Cottage #2. Elke was a friendly and resourceful host. The cottage was immaculate with a kitchen complete with all cooking supplies needed and a refreshing outside shower. One of our favorite features was the close proximity to the bike trail, which we enjoyed each day. We were also a short drive to the beautiful beaches of Eastham and Wellfleet, our favorite being Coast Guard Beach!
The Harris Family
Danbury, CT

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod
Wellfleet Motel
Wellfleet Motel
#2 of 4 in Wellfleet
Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center

Been to Wheel In Cottages? Share your experiences!