Wheel In Cottages
$88
$70
Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod(Eastham)(Great Value!)
$119
Town Crier Motel(Eastham)(Great Value!)
$79
Blue Dolphin Inn(Eastham)(Great Value!)
$59
$56
$139
Travelocity
Cove Bluffs Inn(Eastham)(Great Value!)
$85
Midway Motel(Eastham)
$88
$86
Viking Shores Motor Inn(Eastham)(Great Value!)
$56
Wellfleet Motel(Wellfleet)(Great Value!)
$79
Official Site
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsoutdoor showerwindow boxesfull kitchencottage numberhome from homebike pathcape codsurrounded by treeswell equipped kitchenup to dateprivacyproximitybeachesinstituteinternetlandscapingdeck
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Simply the best! The Wheel In Cottages have it all, as far as we're concerned! Elke's loving attention is evident in everything: The beautifully maintained, very clean cottages with super well-equipped kitchens, comfortable furniture, quiet, peaceful surroundings, and abundant natural beauty were just what we were looking for for our early October getaway. Her care and concern for our well-being and comfort during our stay were wonderful, and she really went above and beyond to be sure that we had everything we needed. Her recommendations for restaurants couldn't be beat, and we enjoyed the proximity to the bike path (just a short walk through the woods), the National Seashore, and other local attractions. We are already planning our return visit!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MargoP
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I had gone to my favorite and reliable tripadvisor.com to try to find something perfect for a weekend get-away and came across Wheel-in Cottages. It did sound ideal and when I called the owner, Elke, she told me that she had a weekend cancellation and to come down. It was very short notice and she normally books WAY in advance. I can honestly say I lucked out. The reviews were right on and it was above my expectations. It helped that the weather was gorgeous and it was end of the summer so not huge crowds. We stayed in cabin 1 which was lovely; so clean and well appointed and charming. There were sheets and towels provided but I believe it is only offered for weekend guests and not weekly or longer rentals.

We had breakfast sitting outside on the picnic table, dinner at some local places recommended by Elke; I got my morning run along the bike path which connects to the property and the highlite for us was a lot of biking. This is the PERFECT location for biking. We did the rail trail which is what I also ran on. But my favorite was the trails in Provincetown which go througout the dunes and beaches and are absolutely spectacular. There is also a trail to coast guard beach which is lovely.

It was romantic and peaceful. We certainly hope to get back again and hopefully longer next time. This could not have been a better spot right on route 6 yet secluded and very pretty and private. I hesitate to put another great review out there....knowing it will just make it harder to book next time! But Elke deserves the great publicity. She cerainly made it special for us!

-Dana and Greg/NH

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dana F
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Prior to settling in at cottage number one at Wheel In Cottages, our family had marked the time of summer with several other vacations on the Cape. We stayed in a variety of spots in Hyannis, Chatham, and Eastham. But we had never been ‘regulars’ anywhere.

I suppose that the simple, yet carefully painted, brick red and gold trimmed signpost that welcomes visitors along a smooth stretch of Route 6 on the way toward Wellfleet is a shingle that can be passed by in a flash when not focused. Thankfully, word of mouth from family and regulars before us guided us to these charmed three acres.

Thoughtfully nestled among a mix of whispering trees, the cottages themselves are just the beginning of a great location. Beautiful ocean beaches, stunning bayside shores, fresh and salt water ponds are all just minutes away.

We have enjoyed peacefully floating in ponds, jumping off docks, canoe rides, fishing and catching the tail end of a big wave on a boogie board. We have benefited from the serenity of kite flying at sunset and low tide. And we love the proximity to mini-golf, gift shops, local potters and P-Town.

On occasion though, I have had to forego tranquility by jogging to Orleans in hopes of burning off the ample calories dished out in search of the best of the best in homemade ice cream and lobster rolls. Or, if not up to running off the bulk, the great Cape Cod bike path and trails that gently touch the properties rear border is a magnificent asset as well. Just ask the proprietor, who is a passionate cyclist herself.

We all adore the flowers, our seven year old daydreams about his room (equipped with awaiting miniature stuffed lion), and our now grown-up daughter relishes that she figured out how to beat me in Canasta here. I am thankful for a large closet to store my golf bag. Yes, we all are glad to have slowed down our car and our pace of life for the seventh time as we pulled in to unpack again this year.

And topping our list, we know that beyond being able to appreciate the value of an outdoor shower in beach country, there is a host who genuinely cares about the lives and well being of her patrons. Whether arriving or departing, we will always and affectionately look up at the road sign out front and read it together as: ‘Elke’s House’.

Chris and Marilyn
New York

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank chrisnyv
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Our family of four spent a relaxing week in Cottage #2. Elke was a friendly and resourceful host. The cottage was immaculate with a kitchen complete with all cooking supplies needed and a refreshing outside shower. One of our favorite features was the close proximity to the bike trail, which we enjoyed each day. We were also a short drive to the beautiful beaches of Eastham and Wellfleet, our favorite being Coast Guard Beach!
The Harris Family
Danbury, CT

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Traveling to Cape Cod for the first time from Pittsburgh, PA, my wife and I used the smallest of the three cottages as a home base from which to explore the Cape. This a great location for what we were doing. A short drive to whale watching in Provincetown and the ferries in Hyanis for visits to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard.

The cottages are everything they are advertised to be. Not luxurious but soooo clean and perfectly tidy. The exterior is very nice, teeming with flower gardens, trees and various plant life.

The bonus to staying at Wheel Inn was getting to know the owner Elke. The personal touch she added to our stay was priceless. She looks out for you, she knows the area, she is interesting and above all Elke truly cares about you and your stay with her. It felt like you are staying at your aunts cottage. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple