“SMOKE CITY.....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastham
Atlantic Oaks Campground
Reviewed June 2, 2013

If have breathing problems, stay clear of this campground. People light fires in the morning, the afternoon and night. When time to extinguish the fires, the doused water on multiple campsite fires creates an unbearable haze of smoke linger into dawn. It seeped into our tent. No sleep for my family. Oh. The tent sites are next to a State Highway. Last. The manager who check us in was rude, curt, and huffy. She needs anger management classes or a better pair of shoes. Can you say, "attitude and jaded?" There are more friendly campgrounds in Truro without endlessly burning fire pits. This place WAS the pits.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Woopiedo
Atlantic O, Owner at Atlantic Oaks Campground, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

All of our ads say we permit campfires. Anyone who doesn't like campfires or may be sensitive to smoke should find another campground that does not allow them.
Atlantic Oaks has found that most campers prefer campfires so we will continue to allow them until 11 PM.
Campsites next to the Highway are the last ones to be rented and guests may reserve any site that is open.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We had a great time here at Atlantic oaks. We have also stayed at there other campground in Brewster and both are fantastic. We really liked the fact that the bike trail ran right behind the campground and we could get right on without driving anywhere. Bathrooms were very clean and the staff was always friendly and helpful. Our site was clean and level, can't wait for next year!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Emily N
Reviewed July 10, 2012

First I want to say that we enjoyed our vacation. Cape cod is a great place to visit and the weather was perfect for camping. We had a 30amp full hookup pull through site, with lots of room to spread out in out 30 ft travel trailer. The campground had free wireless internet which was ok most of the time but did get very slow particularly in the early evening. Atlantic Oaks is about equal distance from the Atlantic and Cape Cod Bay beaches although we prefered the Atlantic side, and its very close to many resturants and a couple of Miniture Golf attractions which is good for young kids like my 12 year old. Many of these are just a short bike ride from the campground on the Cape Cod Rail Trail bike path. The only negative was that we thought the Campground itself needed a little work. Although our site was pretty level I watched quite a few people have some problems with very un-level sites and they had to use a combination of car jacks and wood they could scrounge up to get there camper level. Also the campsites and connecting roads around the campground were not well maintained. All were just sand/dirt with lots of weeds and although we had great weather (i.e. no rain) I would imagine that the place gets pretty muddy after a T-Storm. The bathrooms and showers however are well maintained and very clean. They have a small game room, but when my wife and son went there to play most machines were out or order, so for my 12 year old the game room was a bust. One thing we would have liked to have seen was a pool, the beaches are close but having a pool on the campground would be nice. The Campground staff were cordial but a little distant and the camp store was adequately stocked with all the food product essentials and camping supplies.

They have a 10PM quiet time rule and I must say that after 10PM it was very quiet and great for sleeping.

The Atlantic Oaks management may be trying to keep the campsite "oh natural" but we felt that better roads and level campsites would have enhanced the quality of the overall campground facilities. This is a 7 out of 10 campground that could easily be a 10 out of 10 with a little work.

Overall I recommend the campground, but if you are used to a more manicured facility Atlantic Oaks may dissapoint. We have stayed at much nicer campgrounds for the $59 per night rate. I guess you are paying for the location which is a very nice place to visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank PaulWS
Reviewed April 19, 2012

For tenters- Clean restrooms and showers, camp store with most things one needs. Picnic table, fire ring with hinged grill top and plenty of dead wood nearby. Right on the cape cod rail trail, next door to a mini golf and ice cream store. Within a few miles of nauset light and coast guard beach. We were able to bring the dog too. Recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank KarenHtraveler
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We had a nice stay with our camper at this facility. Our site was a little funky and not very level, but this wasn't a big deal. It's close to everything, nice office/store with friendly people. Pet friendly too.

Very close to a popular seafood place which is awesome, try the onion rings. We didn't need the bathrooms but it looked nice. Many beaches within minutes of the campground depending on traffic. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Snow_Haters_CT
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We tented for one night in May and had very few campers at this campground. Tent camping seems to be more of an after thought. Bathrooms - the Bathroom facilities are great! super clean and music piped in.
Campground is located off the bike trail and also off busy Rt 6 (which you could hear the traffic at night). Nothing around to walk to. No coffee available at the campstore, had to bike down to closest Dunkin Donuts, about 1 mile away.
For tenting early in season or late it is okay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hcamper37
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Don’t give your money to these people because that’s all they seem to care about, certainly not customer satisfaction. I see by these reviews that I am not the only one to have a problem with this campground regarding money. On a Thursday my girlfriend and I made reservations for 4 people (us and our friends) for the following weekend, and the next day, Friday, an emergency came up for our friends and they couldn’t go away for the weekend. We called the camp office and they said they couldn’t refund the money and told us we’d have to speak to a manager that night. When we got there, the manager flatly refused to refund us the $40 (each additional person is $10 a night for 2 nights). I mentioned that I could understand if we had reserved 2 spots, and then only wanted one, because that would have cost the campground some potential profit by not renting out the spot to other customers. Instead we just wanted to change our reservation from 4 people to 2, at the same campsite. Again, the man refused claiming it was policy, and when I mentioned that now we were in the uncomfortable spot of asking our friends for the money, he said that our friends should be nice enough to pay us the difference. He seemed genuinely surprised when I politely told him not to be surprised if he got a bad review online. At this he claimed it was policy (as if that gave him the right to treat customers poorly). I told him that he could have been a lot nicer about the situation. And he wouldn’t even meet us halfway by cancelling our reservation on the spot, for the $25 cancelation fee, and then charge us for 2 people for 2 nights, which would have saved us the difference of $15. Needless to say, I was highly offended. I’m 36, and this is only the second time in my life I’ve had a problem with a business. Go elsewhere…

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple