“RV park, okay for tenting in "off season"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastham
Atlantic Oaks Campground
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We tented for one night in May and had very few campers at this campground. Tent camping seems to be more of an after thought. Bathrooms - the Bathroom facilities are great! super clean and music piped in.
Campground is located off the bike trail and also off busy Rt 6 (which you could hear the traffic at night). Nothing around to walk to. No coffee available at the campstore, had to bike down to closest Dunkin Donuts, about 1 mile away.
For tenting early in season or late it is okay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hcamper37
There are newer reviews for Atlantic Oaks Campground

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Don’t give your money to these people because that’s all they seem to care about, certainly not customer satisfaction. I see by these reviews that I am not the only one to have a problem with this campground regarding money. On a Thursday my girlfriend and I made reservations for 4 people (us and our friends) for the following weekend, and the next day, Friday, an emergency came up for our friends and they couldn’t go away for the weekend. We called the camp office and they said they couldn’t refund the money and told us we’d have to speak to a manager that night. When we got there, the manager flatly refused to refund us the $40 (each additional person is $10 a night for 2 nights). I mentioned that I could understand if we had reserved 2 spots, and then only wanted one, because that would have cost the campground some potential profit by not renting out the spot to other customers. Instead we just wanted to change our reservation from 4 people to 2, at the same campsite. Again, the man refused claiming it was policy, and when I mentioned that now we were in the uncomfortable spot of asking our friends for the money, he said that our friends should be nice enough to pay us the difference. He seemed genuinely surprised when I politely told him not to be surprised if he got a bad review online. At this he claimed it was policy (as if that gave him the right to treat customers poorly). I told him that he could have been a lot nicer about the situation. And he wouldn’t even meet us halfway by cancelling our reservation on the spot, for the $25 cancelation fee, and then charge us for 2 people for 2 nights, which would have saved us the difference of $15. Needless to say, I was highly offended. I’m 36, and this is only the second time in my life I’ve had a problem with a business. Go elsewhere…

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
20  Thank btm108
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Nice Campground. Our site was semi-shaded. Pricey, but on the Cape, you expect that. But it is the only campground that I have ever been to that charges the 50 amp price to a 30 amp camper. They are upgrading every site to supply 50 amp service and when they do that, the price goes up even if you can't use 50 amps. Right on the bikeway. Plus the road was good to ride on too, so we could get to either side of the cape in minutes on our bikes. Great showers too.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank BarbaraHRockwell
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My family has been comming here for years now. The bathrooms and shower were recently re-done. The camp store is pretty well stocked.Its very close to the Cape Cod bike trial so dont forget your bikes.The playground could use some upgrading but the kids still loved it

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank abercrombie9701
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I was very surprised with how clean this campground is. The showers and bathrooms are very well kept up and clean. The camp sites, some are small but it works. I took someones advice to try to go with the back side of RT 6 so you don't hear the noise which is much better but my only complaint is that the bathhouse and bathrooms are so far away to walk. They do have portapottys but they smelled rly bad. Thats my only complain is that they need to build anyother bathhouse and bathrooms in the back corner where most of the tent camping is.
I would definatly go again, for $38.00 a night, you cant beat it anywhere! AND this place lets you have campfires! No other campground aroung there does.

Room Tip: I'd go with the back corner away from RT 6 if you dont mind walking to the bathrooms and showers...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Pugmum15
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We stayed here in Aug 2010. I was very pleased with the campground. The staff was freindly and helpful, the place was extremely clean, good size sites, right on the rail trail. they keep the place quiet at night (after 10) so there's no noisy neighbors. I like the location, because your past the traffic circle in Orleans which makes it much easier to get to and from the national beaches for the day and avoid the big backups. Whenever I go to Cape Cod now I won't even look for another place to stay. This campground was perfect!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank higgins5163
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stayed for a 4-5 day weekend over the 4th with three teenagers. It was great being right off the bike path, and a short drive to the beach. It would be nice if they had a pool, but really, not a huge issue (just every time you pass the pool from the Sheraton you can see through the fence, you think, it would be nice to take a dip).

We had asked for a more wooded site and we were placed towards the back corner of the campground. There was no highway noise there at all, and all the spots there are pull through. Additionally, there was a porta john if you did not want to hike to the bathrooms or don't have or don't use one in your camper.

I did notice when we walked to the office that there was a lot of highway noise from Route 6 at the sites against or near the fence, and was amazed that one site was right outside the bathroom.

The bathrooms were clean, and the store was nice, staff helpful. There are plenty of coin washers/dryers if you need. There's a nice gameroom, which was usually empty, and they have plenty of brochures on sightseeing and activities.

We only had one issue, the first night a group of 20 somethings in the tent sites behind us were noisy late into the night, but it wasn't bad enough to get up and complain to management, but enough to startle our sleep.

We will be back!