“Wonderful Anniversary Trip..”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Penny House Inn & Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Our day spa provides guests and the public an opportunity to indulge in array of specialty nail, massage and spa treatments that were created just for the Penny House Inn. The day spa is open 7 days a week from 10am-5pm (later in July & August) by appointment only. We recommended to book ahead of arriving so as to not be disappointed. Because we are small and intimate we get booked up especially on weekend afternoons
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were so excited to stay at the Penny House Inn and Day Spa. With it being our 5th year wedding anniversary we decided to splurge just a bit and stay somewhere really nice. I'm glad we did. Melissa, the owner, was incredibly accommodating upon check-in and recommended several great restaurants. Cindy, who I believe is one of the inn-keepers, led us to our room and was eager to be of assistance if we needed her. The room was great. We stayed in the Moonraker, which was just what we needed. A king sized bed and a hot tub! The beds were very comfortable. The TV is a bit small for how far away you are if you're watching from the bed, but it worked nonetheless. The AC unit is literally above the bed, so you definitely want to turn that off if you're watching TV or a movie. My only bit of advice would be to bring SLEEP MASKS if you plan on sleeping in. The room had two uncovered skylights directly above the beds.. so by 6am, we were both wide awake. That was a disappointment because we both wanted to sleep in as much as we could. The breakfast each morning was good, but my husband is a big eater, so he was a little disappointed with the portion sizes. It was just enough for me! On Sunday he requested an extra pancake, and they gave him one without hesitation, so I'm sure he could have asked for more the day before, but we didn't know the policies or how those things with at a B&B. The Jacuzzi was a bit confusing, but once we got it working, turned out to be very relaxing. All in all it was a nice stay.

1  Thank toosomy

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Under new ownership since a former poor review, the Penny House Inn and Day Spa is going to put Eastham on the map as a place to stay, relax, and rejuvenate. All of the rooms are charming, the gardens are beautiful, and on hot summer days the pool is inviting. Beyond that, however, the inn offers experiences that will soothe your body and challenge your mind. The spa is gorgeous, well-appointed, and peaceful. Artist-in-residence Nino Scimeca offers painting classes (and if you're lucky, you can get a glimpse of his own work in his studio right on the premises), and writing workshops and retreats are held regularly. The inn is open year-round and will enchant all visitors, whether they're looking for a place to stay in the bustle of summertime or a place to reflect in the peace and quiet of winter.

Reviewed January 5, 2011

We just came back from a couples massage at the Penny House Inn & Day Spa in Eastham. We chose the "Awakening" package which includes massage, facial and foot scrub. My husband had a woman named Meghan and I had a woman named Allison--both of us thought we got the best massages we've ever had. We do get massages frequently so we know what we're talking about.

The website suggests calling a few days in advance during the off-season since it may take some time to book massage therapists to meet your schedule. We called on Sunday to schedule ours for today. I'm sorry to say I didn't get the name of the woman who scheduled our appts but she was very helpful on the phone and lovely in person. I say this because there were a few bad reviews re: accommodations at the Penny House Inn--though we didn't stay there, in case this is the same person, I want it to be known that she is very friendly.

It's also important to note that this is a place where the "book shouldn't be judged by its cover." As it happens, this is located on Rt 6 in Eastham in an unassuming cedar-shingle house. The reception area is a bit dated, but again, no reason to be leery because it lacks the glamour of a spa.

The massage room we were in has a gas fireplace and small whirlpool tub. It was certainly spacious enough to accomodate two tables and have Allison and Meghan move freely. The facial consists of a thorough cleansing and a mask and the foot scrub is exactly that.

My husband consistently tips 20%; however, he was so impressed with these two women that he gave them each a 40% tip!

3  Thank mg16lex
Reviewed May 18, 2008

We did not stay at the inn, however, we did make 'spa' appointments for massage and nail services. Upon arrival, the door was locked and after ringing the bell, was greeted with a scowl because we were 1/2 hr early (that's a first for a spa). Margaret, the Inn keeper seemed irritated at our untimely arrival, but told us to help ourselves to tea. We were scolded for placing our wrung-out tea bags in a paper cup instead of the 'china dish provided'. Although we laughed about the new material provided to us.... we were a bit skeptical on the services that we would have...The massages were pleasantly wonderful, the nail services, however, not so good. So, I would go with an open and humourous mind, enjoy the massage and skip the nail treatments unless you like messy cuticle care and nail polish applications similar to that applied by an 8 year old. I think we'll skip this "spa" (and I use the term loosely) for next year.

6  Thank 9glenrock