“worst burger we have ever had”
Review of Barnacle Bill's

Barnacle Bill's
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in East Wareham
Cuisines: Seafood
Pembroke, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worst burger we have ever had”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I have had lunch here many times,but not since the new ownership. When we walked in,she said it really smelled fishy,so we ordered burgers.They came,the meat was gray,and when we took a bite,it was the worst burger we had ever!I don't know if it was bad or if they had cooked in a microwave.After that one bite we went to the counter and told them we would pay for our sodas but not the burgers,they were bad and,I've never done that before anywhere.The owner came out and started yelling that there was nothing wrong with them.He became so bad I just said I'd pay just let me out of here.He still continued to rant and threw a pan full of meat on the counter and still kept yelling at us as we left.I don't what happened to this place,used to good.Now bad food,owner has a problem..Stay away!!

• Visited August 2013

Forestdale, Massachusetts
“like the seafood at this place!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I would recommend this place if you are in Bourne! It is small but it has good seafood! It is clean and neat also!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank krise41571
East Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Lobster BLT is decadently *EVIL* 3:-)”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had what had to be the most evilly DELICIOUS lobster roll BLT. Nice sweet chunks of lobster, light mayo, served on a Portuguese sweet-bread roll, topped with multiple strips of nice crispy curly BACON (and not that flat rubbery junk they give you at other restaurants), fresh romaine lettuce, tomato, with a side of crisp al dente dill pickle and a generous portion of french fries. It was so good I had to force myself not to oink like a piglet while eating the thing and am already fantasizing about the next time I can go back for another one! The only so-so part of the meal was the cole slaw was the type with the tiny-chopped cabbage. I like chunky cabbage. It's a textual thing. It was otherwise tasty.

My daughter had fried shrimp and french fries. The shrimp had a nice bite to it, nice and sweet, with a nice crispy golden cross between a beer-batter and a tempura-batter coating it, not greasy as some fried food can be. Cole slaw. French fries. She was very happy with it (and I was happy with the shrimp I snitched when she wasn't looking).

So glad this restaurant was recently taken over by a new owner who put some time and money into renovating it and hiring somebody who knows how to cook! It was my favorite years ago when it was owned by the original Barnacle Bill and, now that I know it's owned by somebody who cares, I'll be back again. Often.

[*Besides ... that evil lobster BLT is whispering to me. Eat me... Eat me... *]

• Visited July 2013
Massachusetts
“Never to make that mistake again”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Had been awhile since I had a cape cod clam. Was looking for a hole in the wall take out window type of place. This is all I could find. Went in and ordered, while waiting and watching I should have cancelled the order and left but unfortunately I did not. Took the clam roll to go. These were terrible, worse I have had. Must have been right out of the freezer. Chewy and gross had to through them out. Sure do miss some of the old places down there.

• Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Recommend”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

New owners compliment the highway. Another family run business on Cranberry Hwy. We are lucky to have so many independent restaurants in this area. All of these restaurants are very special in their own way.

• Visited May 2013