“Seafood Bisque is Divine!”

Lindsey's Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in East Wareham
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Lindsey's Restaurant has been in business and serving our patrons for over 69 years! We pride ourselves on the quality and consistency of our menu. We specialize in seafood and traditional fare that which possesses quality like no other! We have also broadened our culinary approach to include upscale American cuisine. From traditional to upscale we WILL satisfy your craving. Lindsey's can host your family for dinner, cater your functions, provide a professional and accessible space for your business meeting and/or function, or serve as the local "go-to" for a cold beer and a quick bite while watching the game. Let Lindsey's do the work for you. Join Us!
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We hadn't been to Lindsey's for a couple of years but decided to try it for lunch after a business appointment in Bourne. The Cape traffic was relatively light but Lindsey's parking lot was quite full, a sign that it is still a popular place to dine on Rte 6. We were seated in the large diningroom and were not asked if we might like to be seated in the "50's Diner" section, which we would have preferred. Nonetheless we didn't make a fuss and placed our order with a pleasant friendly waitress. My husband
remembered that he had been introduced to steamed mussles at Lindsey's many years ago and was not disappointed with the Mussles Dijon appetizer loaded with minced garlic.A small piece of crusty garlic bread accompanied it but since the server had not brought a basket of bread when we were seated, or a spoon with the appetizer, he was unable to fully enjoy the pool of delicious broth left in the bottom of the dish.The server took note and said she would add a spoon the next time someone orders the dish. I knew immediately upon deciding to eat at Lindsey's that I would order the divine Seafood Bisque. The cup was filled with chunks of lobster, shrimp and scallops in a velvety smooth broth flavored with just a hint of sherry. Ordering a bowl would have left no room for an entree. My choice was the whole belly clam roll since I have been on the quest for wonderful fried clams all year. Unfortunately I was disappointed in the ones on my plate. A bit rubberry and with none of the flavor we all love about fried clams on a barely toasted roll, not at all greasy just lacking in flavor and crispiness. My side of butternut squash however was fabulous! My husband opted for one of the specials, the little necks in a spicy andoille & red clam sauce over rice, which he raved about. He finished his meal with Lndsey's signature fluffy bread pudding served warm with caramel sauce and whipped cream. if you are a bread pudding lover, this is a winner. The menu is quite varied, offering lots of seafood, their famous turkey dinner, sandwiches, chowder, soups and several daily specials so there is something for everyone's taste. Portions are generous and the plate of thin crispy onion rings which passed our table looked like it could feed a family of four! All in all it was a good lunch. We will certainly stop there again in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We've been going to Lindsey's for years and the food has always been excellent, the Lobster Bisque is worth trying, delicious!
They recently updated the decor, very charming.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Not all its cracked up to be, but you can plan on getting a GOOD meal .There are dining experiences in this area that surpass this tried and true restaurant

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been coming to Lindsey's off, and on for years, and to be honest, they have gone through waves of mediocrity, sprinkled with bouts of brilliance, this dining experience was evidence of there rebirth as the upper capes shining star! I was greeted by a very pleasant young lady, who took no time in seating me, where I was placed in the capable hands of a very seasoned, and extremely efficient waitress, she allowed me to go off the reservation a bit, by ordering a special mixed green salad( instead of any carbs.) along with a bowl of their signature Seafood bisque( a gift from king Neptune himself!) , and the most amazing crabmeat stuffed Sole, that I've ever had, all this, and giant diet Pepsi, with refills, for under $35.00! Between the great service, and the fact that I left there wishing I had ordered a second helping of everything, I will probably make this my regular dinner stop while in Wareham on business!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've been commuting my grandfather back and fourth from taunton to wareham for doctors visits. We decided to stop at Lindsey's, I ordered the broccoli and chicken Alfredo (the dish i order 99% of the time whenever i go out) and it was the best Ive ever had! everything, the chicken was cooked well, the broccoli I could tell was fresh not frozen and the sauce had to of been homemade. We also got potato skins that were very good. The atmosphere was comfortable and the servers very friendly and available if you need anything.