“Fabulous Sunday Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went to Amari's for an early dinner at 4:30 PM wen they opened. The atmosphere is outstanding, the service better than outstanding and the food was better than the service. And, the portions were large enough to have for Monday dinner. We don't take our dining out lightly and would report a bad experience if we had one. But that was not the case at Amari's. Go and enjoy great service and excellent food. The chef really knows what he is doing!

There are newer reviews for Amari Bar & Ristorante

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

This was our second valentines day here in a row. We called ahead for reservations and were sat as soon as we walked in. We had requested a larger table ( see my first review) and loved the entire night. Our cheese fondue balls were delicious. My vegetarian pasta was enough for two meals ( I took half of it home ). My bf got the lamb and loved it. We both tried drink specials and were pleasantly surprised at the flavors and fresh fruit. The waitstaff and management were extremely attentive and I was given a rosé at the end of the meal. We will be returning next valentines day

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had always heard pretty positive things about Amari (namely the atmosphere) and was pleasantly surprised on my first impression. Nice ambiance when we walked in, but it all went downhill from there. Seeing the high prices on the menu, my girlfriend and I assumed the food would be wonderful but we were sadly mistaken. When I go out for an Italian dinner, I don't want some hipster Asian fusion flare on it. The marinara on the parm combo tasted like the jar it came in was opened a month ago so the chef thought it would be a good idea to put a cup of sweet n low in it. The linguini was congealed into one solid mass, albeit a large solid mass. I will say this though, they did make a stiff drink. Four or five more and I might've just enjoyed my meal. Atmosphere and ambience will only take you so far, the main reason I go out for dinner is to eat. The woman singing was awful as well, maybe that's the theme they're shooting for.

2  Thank BarnPD2002
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Amari is a quick ride from our house and when we don't feel like cooking and it isn't a social occasion we sit at the bar for dinner. We understand there is new ownership -- and it isn't like it went straight downhill, but the pastas (now fresh from the North End) are gummy while the sauces are pretty good. The shared caesar salad is big, fresh and tasty. Last night I had the margarita pizza and there was something off about the way it was cooked. The crust looked crisp but it was chewy and part of the pizza had tomato slices so thick they had to be cut with a knife. We will probably go back again out of convenience, not taste.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

A great and varied Italian menu with something for everyone. I have never had such high quality food with such incredible portions.

1  Thank jackbow44