“GREAT FOODIE FIND in SANDWICH”
Review of Momo's Food Emporium - CLOSED

Momo's Food Emporium
Cuisines: American
Cape Cod, MA
“GREAT FOODIE FIND in SANDWICH”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had lunch at Momo's last week with a dear friend. It looks so much like a Cape Cod House, but for the sign, I would have thought it just a pretty house! Inside, it is warm and welcoming, with a fabulous display case filled to overflowing with delicious eats: sandwiches, chicken piccata, salads, mac & cheese, spinach pie! There were all kinds of desserts, too, looked luscious. How could I have not known about Momo's, now two years old?

I had the Smokin' Henrietta, Sandwich's Best Sandwich winner 2011: chipotle-seasoned chicken with a corn and sweet peppers "slaw" wrapped with bacon and smoked cheddar then grilled to perfection. It was amazing. My lunch companion had the chicken curry sandwich, which was fabulous (initially, I'd opted for that one but I loved the Smokin' Henrietta). The sandwiches were served with a delicious slaw of carrot, red cabbage, lettuce; delicious. I took half home for feasting later (so did my companion).

The interior is warm and comfortable with incredible views over the marsh that backs the building. There is soft seating, comfy nooks for exploring, sitting and eating, gourmet foods stashed here and there. It is a visual feast for the eye. In winter, one can sit by the working fireplace while eating, having coffee and a confection or just relaxing under the open rafters which makes this a light, airy and spacious place to pick up some food to take home (although, what a pity not to enjoy the relaxing ambiance and eat in).

You can also pick up dinner, wonderfully prepared by loving hands. This is a great find, perfect spot to pick up lunch for a picnic or beach, have a dessert and coffee while visiting with friends or for a special treat for yourself. A great find in East Sandwich, right on Route 6A, Old King's Highway!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank wpdesousa-mauk

Cape Cod
“It pays to stalk your local baker”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I visited this spot on Saturday because the baker, who was at the Silent Chef in Scituate is now baking and cooking here. She is an amazing baker and I missed her breads and cookies. So I took a chance and headed to Sandwich to find her. What a treat I was in for, as she is also cooking here, along with her baking. She has joined up with two other very talented ladies and they are doing it all and doing it well - baking, cooking meals, salads, breads, candies, pastries.
I tried the Clam chowder, which was one of the best I have ever had and my husband had the Chicken Pot Pie. Just fabulous with wonderful bread and of course the fabulous cookies! A delighful lunch.
I loved the atmosphere - bright and sunny and so cozy and comfortable with a wonderful view of a typical cape cod marsh. Just adorable.
Wished I lived closer as this is the perfect spot to meet for coffee, grab a fabulous meal in or to go and to purchase some wonderful food gifts.
So glad I followed this women here. Great find!

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank CapeCodKathyH
Chicago, Illinois
“meh”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We tried this place based on the previous reviews but when we went in the service was so chaotic that we ended up just getting a few to-go items rather than our original intentions of getting our sandwiches here. The baguette was a bit hard and the made-in-shop spreads are satisfactory but not great. The espresso is just average. Despite being somewhat out of the way and having long waits for purchasing, they do not have a bathroom facility for paying customers (at least at the time of our visit). Cross your legs, bring waterless hand sanitizer and plan to camp out if you venture out here!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank LuxeCalme
Sandwich, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great chicken salad!”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Went for lunch..... great chicken salad sandwich! better than Lamberts and theDeli (also in Sandwich) Cute building but limited seating; good for takeout.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank NETraveler84
“AWESOME - great atmosphere, awesome food, wonderful service”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This place is great for a sandwich and soup, pannini, or picking up a meal on the way home from work for dinner. The service is great, friendly and the owner typically helps you!! she is quick with a smile and always takes recommendations. The shop does cooking lessons, has gourmet food, serves 4seas ice cream. All in an awesome location on route 6A in east sandwich! Beautiful scenery of the marsh out the back windows. I have frequented often... homemade soups too!

• Visited December 2011