“Secluded Cottage”

Make Inquiry
Average
Bedroom with bunk beds
Kitchen
Dining table and counter with stools
Living room on 2nd floor
First floor living room/ bedroom combo
Drive right onto Salt Marsh Rd. for this one
Bedroom with double bed
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

EarthSear...
Hartford, Connecticut
“Secluded Cottage”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

This is a true cottage - not a house by the beach. As such, as another reviewer noted, it has some quirks and outdated features. However, everything was fully functioning. I don't know how much had changed since the initial reviewer, but the stairs to the beach were safe (I travelled with a child and elderly person) and we did not find the cottage cluttered. It is very small with an awkward layout, but that was the compromise for being such a short distance from the beach at this price. Although it is not obvious from the description, the lower level is accessible from the interior. I found the lower level to be too damp feeling for my liking despite a dehumidifier. The upper level is very divided, so there is the lack of a good communal space for more than 3 people to comfortably congregate. Needless to say, we spent little time inside the cottage. The beach and entire area feels very secluded. It was a real getaway and hard to believe that we were in Cape Cod at the height of the tourist season. The best part for us was that we could take our dog to the beach every day. He is very old and barely moves at home, but he loved the ocean swimming. This part of the cape has a variable beach. This year it was mostly cobbles with patches of sand, which put me off at first. I recommend bringing water shoes or sandals that you don't mind wearing into the water. Of all the areas that I have visited on the cape, this was the most beautiful, crystal clear water. We could easily see the bottom 4-5 ft deep. Most days the water was calm, but we did have some windy days that made the water choppy with small waves that could be heard from the cottage patio. I don't know if I would stay here again, but it was not a disappointment and well worth the rental price.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The private beach!
Liked least: Awkward layout.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
VA
Reviewed July 12, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
va
Reviewed July 12, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Management Response
Jul 12, 2013
Hi Karen,

I am very sorry that you were not happy with this home. Your check in package has our phone number and instructions to call us with ANY problem during your stay. We did not hear from you at all during your week otherwise we would have arranged for someone to take care of the problems you had. The owner had just put in new beds and furniture in the lower level which had just been remodeled. We will let them know about the access to beach which is a shared walkway with the other cottage next to it on the beach so I am suprised there is a problem with it. I will also let her know you think she has too much clutter. I may contact you for more specifics. We hope that in the future you will not hesitate to call us if you have any problems.

Travelers are raving about these East Sandwich hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing