I needed a few days of "me" time before starting a new job. I googled "beach, fireplace and Cape Cod" and did I ever come upon the find of the year !! The Ship's Knees Inn was cozy, warm and truly welcoming. From the size of my room with an actual wood fireplace, to the decor with a beach-like theme, to the refrigerator with it's old-fashioned safe-like exterior, the wine glasses, cheese board & knife atop it in a basket, to an excellent continental breakfast (to which I wore my pj's to) that was included with the extremely reasonable price, to the friendly, helpful & courteous owner who shlepped a lot of firewood to my door, I felt like I was at home (yet away). The website & Guest Information Guide was very organized and helpful. A must if you're going to be in the area !! I can't wait to go again !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the warmth and charm of a 190 year-old restored Sea Captain's home, just 1/4 mile up the hill from the world famous Nauset Beach. 17 individually appointed rooms, 15 with private bath, and 1 or 2 bedroom fully equipped ocean view "Captain's Quarter's" guest apartment. Our newest accommodation (2010) the "Nauset Suite" has a king bed, private bath and private entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Ship's Knees Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ship`s Knees Hotel East Orleans
- Ship's Knees Inn East Orleans, MA, United States