I went to the Ship's Knees Inn with my mother in June and we had such a delightful stay that I visited again with my husband a few months later. We enjoyed a week-long stay which was just wonderful. The breakfast was fresh and delicious every morning. The rooms were charming and extremely comfortable with all of the amenities needed. The overall atmosphere of the inn was relaxed and enjoyable. We loved lounging by the pool or in the hammocks, and at night, we enjoyed a glass of wine by the firepit. Nauset Beach is right down the street, so it was easy to walk and enjoy a day by the ocean. Otherwise, the town of Orleans is very cute and there are tons of great restaurant options (try Captain Linnell House!), and Peter and Denise were more than accommodating in making reservations for us. Because of the central location of Orleans, it was easy to get to other places we wanted to visit (Chatham is close by, and it was an easy drive up Route 6 to visit the National Seashore and Provincetown for whale watching). The inn is a little bit close to the road but overall we felt removed from it due to the nice landscaping. Overall, a highly recommended destination for your vacation to the Cape!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the warmth and charm of a 190 year-old restored Sea Captain's home, just 1/4 mile up the hill from the world famous Nauset Beach. 17 individually appointed rooms, 15 with private bath, and 1 or 2 bedroom fully equipped ocean view "Captain's Quarter's" guest apartment. Our newest accommodation (2010) the "Nauset Suite" has a king bed, private bath and private entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Ship's Knees Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ship`s Knees Hotel East Orleans
- Ship's Knees Inn East Orleans, MA, United States