“Disappointing overall,”

The Falcon Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Woore
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Country Pub & Restaurant serving Cask & Keg Beers, Wines & Spirits. We are open daily from 12 noon serving food. All food is home-made. All events can be catered for, please call to enquire.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Tried this restaurant last month on recommendation and also after reading some of these reviews.The car park was bursting on a Friday evening and very noisy but dining allowed some quieter surroundings.Service was friendly and table was good .However when asking for recommendations waitress mentioned the home made steak pie.Men chose that and ladies the salmon.Unfortunately the pie seemed a small serving on each plate and worse was dry and not especially tasty so that was disappointing.The ladies salmon was ok but again small in comparison to the servings in other places such as the Broughton Arms..
It was OK but not somewhere to rush back to!

1  Thank Duaneengland

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I call at the Falcon when visiting relatives nearby. On every occasion the bar staff have welcomed me with warmth. I've eaten in both bar and their small restaurant (though generally not at the same time!). Their food is delicious. The menu changes from time to time, but they have a starter of garlic seafood on I think it's bruschetta, simply gorgeous. The main courses are ample, and as I prefer loads of gravy they willingly supply that. Good ales, great staff and owner, I wish I wasn't driving after!

1  Thank Tony H
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I visited this venue for the first time in many years and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
A group of five of us found the food of high quality and plenty of it. We all had different main meals and all were totally enjoyable and well presented.
The restaurant is quite small but the atmosphere was great. All the tables were being used and everyone seemed to be happy with all the laughter and talking going on.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and made you feel comfortable and relaxed.
The prices were about average but the food was more than adequate to fill most appetites, especially my gammon steak which defeated my attempts to finish it all.
I will certainly be using this establishment again in the near future.

2  Thank GJackson123
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Me and my husband adore going here. The food is all home cooked and fresh and you get a lot for your money. Any meat you have just falls apart when you touch it with your fork and melts in your mouth. The puddings are to die for. Staff are very friendly and service is excellent, they cant do enough for you.
Very reasonable prices for the sheer quality of the food. My husband usually has a starter, we both have mains and I have a pudding. My husband had approx 2 beers and I'll either have a soft drink or a mineral water and usually costs us about £45.
We will be coming here forever more!

2  Thank sambee5