“best small town breakfast!”
Review of Coughlin's Place

Coughlin's Place
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been going here for many years. The staff is friendly,and always give you a warm welcome! We enjoy the breakfast all day here. Delicious open faced omelettes,great huge pancakes. Homemade jam for your toast. Always daily specials, and omg! homemade hash! Don't underestimate the wonderful lunches here as well. Always blackboard specials, homemade soups, seafood, sandwiches and yummy salad. My teenage son and I look forward to Coughlan's when he has school vacation.Try it once and you will be a repeat customer!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was in Springfield with my family and was looking for a good breakfast place when I came upon reviews on Yelp for Coughlin's Place. The reviews were great and we decided to seek it out. The restaurant is very small and has the feel of a diner, but but is cozy with a friendly staff. The wait was about ten minutes on a Saturday morning at 9:00. The food is delicious. My husband and I both had specials from the board. He had a porky omelette, which had shredded pork in it. I had Huevos Rancheros, which bore no resemblance to the traditional dish of that name, but was delicious. It was two poached eggs on two black bean patties with a dollop of salsa in between and a drizzle of chipotle cream sauce on top. My daughter had homemade Corned Beef and Hash and ate every morsel on the plate. If you are nearby and want a delicious breakfast - go to Coughlins!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Coughlin's is the typical american breakfast spot. Counter seats, tables, good food, fast service, low prices. It's real cookin'.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

You cannot beat Coughlin's for a hearty breakfast. Their selection is excellent and the food is always well prepared. They offer a "full Irish" during St Patrick's week. We've never had lunch there, but it's our favorite place for a very good breakfast.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Coughlin's Place is a small family owned breakfast and lunch diner. It's crowded and you usually need to wait a few minutes for a seat, but it's worth it! I'm sure Coughlin's has been urged to expand and find bigger quarters, but I suspect they are wise enough to know they have a good thing and it doesn't need to be larger. They deliver the best, and hustle to please their loyal customers and probably know that some of what maks them so special would be lost in a larger venue. The menu is full of original, homemade offerings, daily specials and vegetarian and gluten-free options. Never diappoints!