“Good pizza and crust”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Soups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The pizza was good and larger than most pizza places. Just wish they would get rid of those canned green peppers...they really taste weird! Most places today use fresh peppers, broccoli, tomatoes etc. Grinders are good too.
The place is clean and nice, but the lighting is very bright. Kind of diminishes the atmosphere and makes it more like a cafeteria.

1  Thank Cristina6519

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Sure, the staff/owner can be a bit cold (if you knew 4 years back her only son, a senior, took his life, you'd understand her), and some of the big pasta/grinder meals can be a bit bland, but if you look past that and choose different things from the menu, you won't be disappointed. I ordered a rice gumbo - it was delish. They also have good poppers and great onion rings. The day we were there the owner was serving us and she was nice. No rudeness or neglecting. My gumbo came in freshly hot and steamy so I was waiting for it to cool down. She came by asking with a concerned face if it was too spicy for me to eat. It was a hearty flavorful portion. We didn't get a meal, as we weren't that hungry, so we went right to the desert - no problem. I think my bf ordered some chocolate cake, which wasn't bad. I ordered their ice cream of the day (all the deserts were written on the board by the entrance, which we didn't pay attention to when we entered, but the owner was very kind to recite all the things TWICE for me as there was a LOT to choose from). I liked the ice cream very much, especially the strawberry/pistachio "parts" which had bits of the fruit and nuts in it.
All in all, it is a nice experience when you know the menu and know what you can expect.
Oh, and they do take-out. Their salads are pretty good, but like I said, I stray away from the grinders and big pasta meals - tend to be unnecessary huge and a bit on a bland side. Other than that, we like to wander in there from time to time.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

and the food was very mediocre. Felt everything was deep fried and questioned its freshness [i.i. possibly frozen breaded chicken--cant be positive though]. Went with a large group of guys who are used to fine dining but felt like giving this place a try. To a person we felt food was mediocre and the service poor---servers were more interested in congregating in the kitchen entrance and talking to each other than making sure we had bread, water, etc. We finally figured out why---the restaurant has a mandatory 18% tip for large parties---so why work when you know you are making a healthy tip already? People in my group were incensed---so I think they lost the support of about ten local families.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I too have found rudeness at the counter when picking up take-out. As the food is mediocre I gave up after a few tries. If you want better pizza etc in ELM, go to Peppa's and Fazio', as recommended here already. Just had the worst sweet sausage grinder ever from DeNard's...

Reviewed July 31, 2011

My boyfriend and I live in town and at one point decided to deviate from the good pizza joints (Peppa's, Fazios) and try Denardo's because they are closest to us. I'm sure they are a nice family, but it's basically one of those places where they are not very friendly to you if you don't know them. Their pizza is terribly inconsistent and doesn't even compare to the other family places close by. There's just something about their food that doesn't taste that's good-kind of bland and seems like the people that made it were pre-occupied and didn't really care. I always felt like I was a bother to them when going in to pick up take-out and the people taking my money practically wouldn't even acknowledge me--so therefore I don't give them my money anymore :) At least at Peppa's and Fazio's they recognize their regular customers and are courteous and polite when ringing up your order. I'm sure Denardo's will do fine without my contribution, but it's nice knowing that I can pay someone for far better food and service within a 3-mile vicinity.

2  Thank pacispuella