“Went again, did not like.”

Tao's Asian Cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Place is still nice and fancy looking, but the waitresses are still a bit weird. We had a young girl Janice or something, who seemed friendly enough, but did not know what was an orange soda. Then my fiancee's phone ringed (he has this cool sci-fi tune) and she looked around all freaked and when we incredulously showed her the phone, she breathed a sign of relief and was saying how freaky that tune was and how scary and weird. She was dead serious.
I ordered the eggplant curry, and I've had better. Fiancee ordered Orange Chicken, and it was awful - not only the color and taste was not like your regular OC, it was very sirupy and thick and sweet and we didn't like it one bit. We got the mochi ice cream, which was the only amazingly good treat there, didn't even finish it, and the waitress came over asking how we liked it, and started to rave over how delicious it was and how she ordered a whole case from the owner for her boyfriend. When asked if she could do the same for us, she got all awkward saying she couldn't. Don't say stuff like that then. Won't be coming back.
Go to Ichiban or Jack Chen's, they're food is not only of higher quality, it's also more for less, and the staff at Ichiban's is especially super nice and friendly and helpful, and Jack Chen's food so big it lasts for two meals, even for a big eater.

3  Thank Nicole S

Reviewed April 29, 2012

new owners have taken the food to a new height here! Four of us had a wonderful lunch here on 4/29/12. We had a spicy calamari special, tangerine shrimp, a sushi roll, and 2 types of a chicken dish our in laws had. Everybody was happy with their meals. We'll be back to support this restaurant for their good food. I suggest you try it!
ciao!

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Went there once. The place looks pretty fancy, and the prices are a bit higher. Some of the waiters speak very little English, which makes it hard to order. For example, we discovered this place by accident, and decided to check it out - since we kind of ate earlier, we were just going to do our usual - appetizer and dessert. The appetizer was pretty good (sadly we didn't realize sooner that Satay Dumplings (many Asian restaurants serve these) come in this sesame sauce - tastes like weird peanut butter, we're not fond of it. So the guy sets the appetizer down in front of us, we're about to begin eating it... but... he's still standing uncomfortably close to the table, not a word, just staring. We wait for him to go away. He doesn't. So we kinda had to explain we'd like to order AFTER (our usual places leave people alone for a bit after they order drinks, and after they order appetizers).
They didn't seem pleased with that.
But there was this one big family there that had enormous good looking piles of food and seemed to enjoy themselves, so we might give it a try, if we stumble in that direction again.

2  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The food here is very good, and I agree with the other reviewer about the pad Thai, which is my favorite dish. The tangerine chicken is also good. I've actually not had a bad food experience here yet, and I've probably eaten here more than a half-dozen times. The one negative can be the service. It tends to swing from overly-attentive to sadly lacking. Regarding the food, though, I would say it's one of the best restaurants in the Springfield area. The atmosphere is also good, and the restaurant is clean.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have gone to at least a dozen Thai/Asian/etc. restaurants and have not been able to replicate a PadThai that I had over 30 years ago. Then I tried the Pad Thai at this restaurant that is now called "TAOS" They don't skip on any ingredients or look for ways to "shortcut". This restaurant finally has the taste I remember from long ago. The atmosphere is very nice and upscale. The owner is sooo nice and takes pride in the new takeover.

1  Thank aredsoxfan4ever