“An extreme disappointment”

Broughton Arms
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

After work on a Friday, my wife and I decided to go out for a meal. We have always liked the Broughton Arms and we arrived there at ten minutes to six. All the tables had reserved signs on them. We asked the lady if we could have a quick meal. We were told that we could only eat outside. This was not an option as plastic was being burnt nearby and eating out was not advisable. We left,.

Most other pubs will fit early comers in if they agreed to be out quickly. After all most reservations are for 7.30 or 8pm and the pub benefits from extra use of a table. We shall not be using or recommending this pub in future.

4  Thank Cheshire174

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Went here 29/06/13. Found that the meals have gone right downhill while the prices have gone up since my last visit about 4 months ago. .Gone also is the warm welcome we once enjoyed. Seems like if your not a regular (in the click), then you are not welcome.Will not be going again.

6  Thank CREWECheshireTerryG
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and myself took our son here for his 25th birthday.He ordered the "T" bone stake rare.This was presented well overdone with just a few chips, no mushrooms,peas,onion rings or tomatoe as you would expect.The steak was too tough ,but complaints fell on deaf ears,they just were not interested.We ended up taking it home for the dog.(Even the dog had a struggle to chew it) Come on landlord deny this,AS PHOTO'S TO FOLLOW WILL PROVE MY EVERY WORD. Your just a rip off merchant.

6  Thank TERRY E
Reviewed June 27, 2013

i came across this place while on my travels and it was a really enjoyable visit. i had the ribeye steak and it was to die for and cooked to perfection.my wife had the fish and chips which she said was excellent, will be returning and would recommend trying it

1  Thank Nick M
Reviewed June 18, 2013

On a visit recently to the Broughton I chose the Cod and chips served with peas and my Son chose the Lasagne.
Previously the lasagne has been served in a separate dish but not this time it resembled a frozen meal which was slop with under cooked chips.
My fish was very pale and obviously not cooked properly with the same under cooked chips and no peas. The fish became more and more wet as i ate the chips so called over the Barman he said he would take it off the bill but no apology for the under cooked chips or the lasagne slop we had to pay for them.
My son also said that the larger tasted funny so all in all a terrible experience.
The owner was told that i thought the meal was terrible tonight and he replied "apparently you have had the fish knocked off the bill" and proceeded to take my payment,
Great customer service.
The Broughton used to serve good food.. Not anymore.

1  Thank Karen T