“High potential...but needs improvement”

Marshside Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
massachusetts
“High potential...but needs improvement”
Reviewed August 4, 2008

The Marshside restaurant has already become a key "hot spot" in East Dennis. The restaurant has been designed quite nicely, and the atmosphere is relaxing. The menu is adequate, with sufficient traditional seafood, pasta, and meat dishes; decent wine list. It appears to be a relatively early crowd (we sat down right away at 830pm on a Saturday night). The staff needs to step up their game to provide better service - it took about 15 minutes for us to waited on (the waitress told us she was out making desserts and apologized), and our appetizers and main courses arrived within 5 minutes of each other. We would compare the restaurant to Clancy's and would go back again.

East Dennis
“Marshside is back and better than ever”
Reviewed July 28, 2008

As long time customers of the Marshside, we couldn't wait for the grand opening in June. We were delighted to see that there was an amazing view from every seat in the house. We were greeted by very friendly and good looking staff, were impressed with the prompt service and the array of food to choose from on the menu. From burgers, to fried clams, to swordfish, they have it all. It is great to see that with a fancy new building, the charm of the old Marshside is still there with the return of all the employees from before. Did I mention how good looking they are? It is definitely worth the wait, as you can have a drink at the bar or sit outside and soak in some more of that amazing view. I am thrilled to have our old restaurant back and it's better than ever!

Cape Cod, MA
“With renovations there are alwasy a few bumps in the road”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Recently I visited the marshside with my family and i was very please with the whole experience. The wait was well worth it for a summer night on Cape Cod. While the adults enjoyed drinks from the bar the children played with toys that the restaurant provided. Everyone in my party enjoyed their food and the service was nothing to complain about.

Because I haven worked in the restaurant industry over 15 years i can see how some are upset by the recent reovations. On the other hand a customer has to take into consideration the size of the new restaurant compared to the old. Give the marshside a few months and I'm sure they will work out the bumps.

massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“beautiful place - poor service and food”
Reviewed July 22, 2008

New building and landscaping is lovely. Setting is gorgeous. Unfortunately, there are problems. After four visits since the reopening, we find the waitstaff is inexperienced and badly need training, a new chef is needed, and the acoustics need some improving. Chapin's in Dennis had a similar acoustic problem and managed to improve the situation with baffles, etc.
The initial visit was the first week and the service was horrible, the food bland and the chowder had nothing but broth. On the last visit, the fish was fine, but the iced tea was horrible, and the rolls served were bite sized - so I guess that's why there were no bread plates.
Such a disappointment! The old Marshside was such a great place - not fancy, but always could be counted on for good food. With the setting and new building, this place could be a gold mine. But we need good service and good food, please!

1 Thank bmw311
East Dennis
“So Sad”
Reviewed July 15, 2008

As a regular of the "old" Marshside for 25+ years I have been anxiously awaiting the opening of the "new" Marshside. I was terribly disappointed. We were told our wait would be 60 minutes and it turned out to be 2 hours. The restaurant has more than enough wait staff but they are running around like "chickens with their heads cut off". They seem terribly disorganized. The service was not good. We waited for drinks, our food did not come out all at once, we ordered side dishes that we never did receive and when the food arrived it was less than average. I can't think of anything I like about the "new" restaurant. The building, which looks impressive from the outside, has terrible acoustics on the inside and it is difficult to carry on a conversation over the noise. I know people that are vacationing will tolerate long waits, poor service and below average food because they won't know any better but for those of us that will still be here in December.........we know better.

3 Thank Wheretogo_8