“Marshside is back and better than ever”

Marshside Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
East Dennis
“Marshside is back and better than ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2008

As long time customers of the Marshside, we couldn't wait for the grand opening in June. We were delighted to see that there was an amazing view from every seat in the house. We were greeted by very friendly and good looking staff, were impressed with the prompt service and the array of food to choose from on the menu. From burgers, to fried clams, to swordfish, they have it all. It is great to see that with a fancy new building, the charm of the old Marshside is still there with the return of all the employees from before. Did I mention how good looking they are? It is definitely worth the wait, as you can have a drink at the bar or sit outside and soak in some more of that amazing view. I am thrilled to have our old restaurant back and it's better than ever!

Cape Cod, MA
“With renovations there are alwasy a few bumps in the road”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2008

Recently I visited the marshside with my family and i was very please with the whole experience. The wait was well worth it for a summer night on Cape Cod. While the adults enjoyed drinks from the bar the children played with toys that the restaurant provided. Everyone in my party enjoyed their food and the service was nothing to complain about.

Because I haven worked in the restaurant industry over 15 years i can see how some are upset by the recent reovations. On the other hand a customer has to take into consideration the size of the new restaurant compared to the old. Give the marshside a few months and I'm sure they will work out the bumps.

massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“beautiful place - poor service and food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2008

New building and landscaping is lovely. Setting is gorgeous. Unfortunately, there are problems. After four visits since the reopening, we find the waitstaff is inexperienced and badly need training, a new chef is needed, and the acoustics need some improving. Chapin's in Dennis had a similar acoustic problem and managed to improve the situation with baffles, etc.
The initial visit was the first week and the service was horrible, the food bland and the chowder had nothing but broth. On the last visit, the fish was fine, but the iced tea was horrible, and the rolls served were bite sized - so I guess that's why there were no bread plates.
Such a disappointment! The old Marshside was such a great place - not fancy, but always could be counted on for good food. With the setting and new building, this place could be a gold mine. But we need good service and good food, please!

1 Thank bmw311
East Dennis
“So Sad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2008

As a regular of the "old" Marshside for 25+ years I have been anxiously awaiting the opening of the "new" Marshside. I was terribly disappointed. We were told our wait would be 60 minutes and it turned out to be 2 hours. The restaurant has more than enough wait staff but they are running around like "chickens with their heads cut off". They seem terribly disorganized. The service was not good. We waited for drinks, our food did not come out all at once, we ordered side dishes that we never did receive and when the food arrived it was less than average. I can't think of anything I like about the "new" restaurant. The building, which looks impressive from the outside, has terrible acoustics on the inside and it is difficult to carry on a conversation over the noise. I know people that are vacationing will tolerate long waits, poor service and below average food because they won't know any better but for those of us that will still be here in December.........we know better.

3 Thank Wheretogo_8
Marlborough
“Great atmosphere, average service, very mediocre food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2008

I took the family to the new Marshside last night (7/7/08). The new building is gorgeous and waiting on the deck seemed to go by quickly with the fantastic views. The wait time is what you would expect (45-60) minutes for peek season.

The service was average and unfortunately we had problems with some of the food. The coconut shrimp appetizer had 6 pieces that we shared throughout our table. Mine was actually raw and cold on the inside (grey in color). This was pointed out to one of the waitstaff. The soups were pretty good. The portions were pretty small given the entre prices. My father's Marshside scrod was a very thick piece of fish. A quarter of the way through it, it was obvious that it was closer to sushi (meaning raw) than actually cooked. His had to be sent back while the rest of us ate. Bottom line, two undercooked pieces of food, both pointed out to the staff and absolutely no remedy being offered in the form of taking something off the bill or offerings of a free dessert. I've been coming to the Cape every July 4th week for at least 20 years. In recent years we have always made Marshside one of our stops. Sadly, this will be our last. You are going to pay for the atmosphere and not the food.

Good thing I wasn't the Phantom Gormet ... this would have been panned badly.

2 Thank pjcogs