“Great view resturant”

Marshside Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We have been to the Marshside twice and both times we were very satisfied with the meal. The resturant has a very nice location, looking out on the marsh.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

A beautiful place to eat. A friendly welcome, excellent service, and uncomplicated, perfectly prepared food.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant inside and out with a beautiful view of the marsh. We went here with friends who go regularly. We enjoyed very good service, friendly greetings and the valet parking. It was packed on a Wednesday night.

Food, however, was somewhat of a disappointment. I have to say that my husband and I "know" good fish, so perhaps that was part of our disappointment. My "baked stuffed haddock with lobster sauce" was pretty pitiful. Fish was not fresh, there was no stuffing to speak of except for a few blobs of what might pass for stuffing (looked like it had been broiled and a bit burnt), lobster sauce was non-existent. Clam chowder was pretty good, bread basket wonderful, green beans perfectly cooked, baked potato acceptable. Husband had fried oyster special (again, we dig our own oysters so are used to fresh and are pretty much connoiseurs of shellfish). He said it was "pretty good", but he has had better..

Prices are high considering the quality, we felt. Again, we had a very nice night out with friends and enjoyed excellent service and a very nice venue. I think we will go again, but will probably stick to other items on the menu and avoid the seafood. (Did I mention our friends are from a landlocked state, so perhaps don't know about the differences in fresh and well-cooked seafood?)

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We vacation at the Cape every year and eat at the Marshside 2-3 times while we are there. Food is good and reasonably priced. Only drawback is no reservations and long waits.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is the first time we tried the Marshside. We passed it on a different route to Sesuit Harbor one night and decided to try it. Beautiful setting & very nice inside. Awesome view of marsh & distant view of Sesuit Harbor. Tons of windows...can't really get a bad table. Quick valet parking so parking is easy. Our 1st visit: Had a 20 min. wait & sat on porch. Waitress comes by for drinks while you wait. Bread basket was very good. Hot rolls, crisp Parmesan flatbread & fresh raspberry bread. My husband got the Chicken Francaise and it was pounded thin with a nice lemon sauce. I got the Lobster Stew which was the best I've ever had. Tons of lobster chunks. It made me so full I had to get most of my dinner to go. I had the Baked Stuffed shrimp which were large & butterflied. Moist crabmeat stuffing was very tasty. Rice was like Lipton's...nothing special. Butternut squash was very good. The kids meals were average kids meals. Nice waitress...brought us seconds on the breadbasket & even gave us raspberry bread to go. Had a great meal so came back 2 nights later...

Longer wait, but again had drinks on porch. Got seated after 40 minutes. Waitress immediately seemed abrupt. Had questions on some of the menu items and got unfriendly, quick answers like we were bothering her. Asked for a refill on our breadbasket and she didn't even give us an acknowledgement. Literally dropped it onto our table & walked away without saying a word. My Baked Stuffed Lobster had stuffing so dry I left it all & just ate the meat...it was not worth the $35 price tag. Waitress came by every so often with her snotty attitude to refill our drinks. We didn't dare ask for more bread in fear of getting our heads ripped off. The fresh blueberry (instead of raspberry) bread was very good. Would go back but definitely not order the baked stuffed lobster. Wish I got our waitresses name the 2nd visit so we could be sure to ask NOT to be seated in her area during a future visit. If you don't like waiting on people....don't be a waitress!!